V-Twin Forum banner

Sert? Multi Bikes?

6K views 34 replies 15 participants last post by  BaggerDave 
#1 ·
Can a SERT be used on multi bikes? I have an 05 deuce and 05 road king and was looking at the Race Tuner but I don't want to buy 2 units. what is needed to use one software package on multiple bikes?

Thanks for the help.

jim

#27 ·
Check it out at .......

Billman said:
Does the 32107-01D Version come with the latest disc?

I've heard the 32117-01F disc is out.

E-mailed Zanotti's... Waiting for reply.
Easy to check out if that disc version is available at https://www.zanottimotor.com/shopping/pLookUp.php and yes, it is at $14.50
So, to answer your question, no, the SERT package probably does not include the latest disc. However, this is my amateur opinion only, the latest disc probably just includes MAPS for the latest models and does not change the way that SERT actually operates. By that I mean, if you have an older model, you probably wasting you money as a new disc would have no benefit.
I stand corrected if anyone has better information.
Regards, John

#28 ·
Ozzie In Arabia said:
I tried to hunt one down 12 months ago (Thundermax) but they were just not available at the time so I have gone with the SERT which I have not had the opportunity to play with yet due to my bike sitting at the dealers waiting for a wheel from PM through Wally`s Wankers that was never going to arrive.

I sure would like to see an appraisal of one put up here for all to see by a rider who is not linked back to the seller etc.

I believe they might be easier to tune than the SERT.............but the SERT like anything else is easy and straight forward too, once you learn the do`s and dont`s.

All the best, Ozzie
want an appraisal? pm me. i am not linked to a dealer. but i don't want to be flamed either.

#29 ·
Ozzie..the Thundermax is Alpha-N mode. They make all these great claims about it having over 1,900 tunable cells..instead of 153 with the SERT.
Well....with no MAP input it needs 1900 cells cause LOAD is a computed number with the Thundermax. I dont see how it will compensate nearly as well for altitude or density changes as a SERT.
Put it like this.. need to know the temperature outside...look out the window and get a reading off the thermometer hanging outside.. thats a SERT gettting load information.
OR... put an ice cube of a given size/mass outside and time how long it takes to melt...then look that time up in a chart...then you have your temperature ouside. Thats a Thundermax computing load.
IMHO you are better off with the SERT.

#31 ·
SYCLONE said:
Ozzie..the Thundermax is Alpha-N mode. They make all these great claims about it having over 1,900 tunable cells..instead of 153 with the SERT.
Well....with no MAP input it needs 1900 cells cause LOAD is a computed number with the Thundermax. I dont see how it will compensate nearly as well for altitude or density changes as a SERT.
Put it like this.. need to know the temperature outside...look out the window and get a reading off the thermometer hanging outside.. thats a SERT gettting load information.
OR... put an ice cube of a given size/mass outside and time how long it takes to melt...then look that time up in a chart...then you have your temperature ouside. Thats a Thundermax computing load.
IMHO you are better off with the SERT.
the thundermax software displays ambient temperature, mass air and many other readings real time. it is also one of three efi tuning systems able to comprehend closed loop-------sert is not of of those three!

#33 ·
springer- said:
SERT is only a tuning SOFTWARE, the ECM was not designed to use a closed loop system. The SERT has nothing to do with that.

my 06 dyna does operate in closed loop. you can bet next years models will also. and now that i own a thundermax, i can take it off and install it on my next new bike. the sert has nothing to do with that either!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#34 ·
claydbal said:
my 06 dyna does operate in closed loop. you can bet next years models will also. and now that i own a thundermax, i can take it off and install it on my next new bike. the sert has nothing to do with that either!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are correct the '06 dyna runs closed loop.................... guess what ................. the SERT for the '06 dyna calibrates in closed loop as well! So if HD changes the ECM next year and uses a different plug with more or less wires running to the ECM you really think your Thundrmax is going to plug in?:confused:
The truth is the SERT works very well, if your happy with the Thundermax that's great too but just sit back and enjoy as it's not worth crying how great it is and how the SERT isn't when that's far from the truth!

#35 ·
In the hands of a good tuner

In the hands of a good tuner, most of the major products will work well, PCIII, SERT, Thundermax, TCFI. Sorry if I forgot your favorite. The new S & S unit is a new type of unit that MAY make the tuner less important for the overall driveability, but equally important for max power. My analysis is pure speculation based on press reports and S & S trying to sell their new product. I hope it works out for them/us.

Anyway find a tuner that knows your ECM and tuning software and knows how to tune and you will get within a couple hp with any of them.

David

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.