V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have the original race tuner for a bike that was tuned at the dealer, when I hook it up to the bike and try the first step (get ecm) it sees the right port and looks like it is reading something and gives me 100% complete but in the VIN box, ECN PN box and CAL ID box it says unknown and will not program. Has anyone had this problem?? If so what’s up. It also says check cables and if problem persists contact HD dealer

I tried two computers and both get same results

Dam thing anyways

·
Sub Par Member
769 Posts
I must sound like a broken record by now because this is the only SERT response I ever seem to give, but are you turning on the ignition AND run switch? If you only turn on the ignition switch you'll get this problem.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry for the dumb question (my bad) maybe should have checked past post, call me lazy! Thanks this very well could be the problem, as I did not see that part in the programming instructions,

·
Sub Par Member
769 Posts
Not dumb at all, as far as I'm concerned. It's the only response I give because it's the only thing I know.:duh?: The only reason I know is because I did the same thing the first time. The instructions aren't all that clear, but it seems obvious once you realize the mistake. Hope that's it.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Snaps that was the problem, now that I know something you and I can "race" to reply to the next guy that ask's the same rookie question :roflback:

·
Sub Par Member
769 Posts
I knew if I threw this answer out there enough times it would eventually be right.:D

Glad it worked.:thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts