V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo Delinquents!

A couple of weeks ago I went to the International Motorcycle Show at the DC Convention Center, While I was there, I joined the AMA. As an inducement, they were giving a copy of the AMA's "Ride Guide to America" gratis.

One of the rides is called Seneca Rocks. The route sounds good and contains a good section of VA 42, which Warren (vafatboy) recently mentioned.

The book calls the route like this:
Pick up Route 55 at Front Royal and ride west into WV through Baker and Moorefield down to Seneca Rocks. Here Route 55 intersects with US 33 which continues south to Riverton, then cuts back east through Brandywine and Hinton. At Harrisonburg, US 33 intersects with VA 42, 42 heads NE back to Strasburg.

Obviously, one could do this loop counter-clockwise as described in the book, or clockwise. Distance traveled is 224 miles starting from Front Royal, so add another 60 to get out there.

Sounds like an imminently doable ride.

Whatcha doing next Saturday or Sunday?

If the weather is shitty we can always hit thw Mid-Atlantic MC Claasic at the Dulles Expo Center :yes:

regards,

wyo

·
FYJIGM
1,147 Posts
Sounds like a great ride Wyo. Doubt my heads will be back in time for next weekend. Not being able to ride is getting old!! I need to hurry up and get the thing done.:gun:

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
wyodude said:
Yo Delinquents!

A couple of weeks ago I went to the International Motorcycle Show at the DC Convention Center, While I was there, I joined the AMA. As an inducement, they were giving a copy of the AMA's "Ride Guide to America" gratis.

One of the rides is called Seneca Rocks. The route sounds good and contains a good section of VA 42, which Warren (vafatboy) recently mentioned.

The book calls the route like this:
Pick up Route 55 at Front Royal and ride west into WV through Baker and Moorefield down to Seneca Rocks. Here Route 55 intersects with US 33 which continues south to Riverton, then cuts back east through Brandywine and Hinton. At Harrisonburg, US 33 intersects with VA 42, 42 heads NE back to Strasburg.

Obviously, one could do this loop counter-clockwise as described in the book, or clockwise. Distance traveled is 224 miles starting from Front Royal, so add another 60 to get out there.

Sounds like an imminently doable ride.

Whatcha doing next Saturday or Sunday?

If the weather is shitty we can always hit thw Mid-Atlantic MC Claasic at the Dulles Expo Center :yes:

regards,

wyo
I'm watchin' the weather startin' tonight...I've done all of the ride on 55 to baker and 42 from Harrisonburg to Woodstock/Strasburg numerous times...and I may have done the WV 33 but I'm not sure...it's all a great ride!!!

·
Yet another 43 Double D
626 Posts
Sounds fun

D*mn sounds like a good ride, :crying: can't make it though, I'll be on the beach keeping my blood alcohol well above legal levels. !drunk!

Ahem, I mean celebrating my beloved's birthday...:roflback:

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
joediver said:
D*mn sounds like a good ride, :crying: can't make it though, I'll be on the beach keeping my blood alcohol well above legal levels. !drunk!

Ahem, I mean celebrating my beloved's birthday...:roflback:
I'd say lucky you...but I think I'd like the ride better...:laugh:

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
I just got back into town. I could be in but I don't yet know if I'll be wheels up again Sunday. So I am going to "monitor". Barcelona was weird. Scooter city man. They were everywhere. They all cut up front at each light so when it goes green they all take off like a swarm of angry bees. You never saw so many 2-wheeled weed whackers. And they sell scooters at the local H-D dealership. I think that's illegal here in the good ole U.S. of A. Even the cops ride 250 cc scooters. And don't get me started about the horse meat for sale "en mercado". Yikes! Talk abput yer "tapas". 20 pages of new posts. I'm a wee bit behind. Sorry.

·
FYJIGM
1,147 Posts
Welcome back HD-LUX!!! Hope you had a good trip.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts