V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Howdy

I wanted to introduce myself and tell a tad about myself. I started riding motorcycles when I was 10 (a little KX and moved up until I got older) and when I was 18 I got my first street bike a new (yet still crappy) 1993 Katana 6. Unfortunately I hit a deer going 85 with it and it was destroyed. I was lucky and only had one cut on my leg and a trashed bike and some rash on my leather jacket. I then worked and was able to buy a new 1994 ZX-7R when I went to college. I had that bike until I entered the Marines in 1996. After my first pump to Oki, I was cruising in Honolulu and I got a flat tire; luckily I was to be able to push it to a Harley/Kawi dealer which was a few blocks away (Cycle City HD). They made me an offer on my old bike and I upgraded to a new 1998 ZX-9R.

Unfortunately, that bike was stolen along with my friends new 6R one week later in front of a movie theater in Kaneohe. Insurance helped me got another 9R. A few years later I finished my term with the Marines as a 0321 Recon Marine and EASed. I got out and went back to college in Wyoming. Just before graduating with my B.A. I lucked out and got out of a 152/50 speeding ticket where the officer made me promise to never speed again like an idiot again. As I also have a very nice sports car I took it seriously and sold my sport bike the next week to a friend. I put that money into a "Harley Savings Account" and ordered and 2003 Fat Boy (my long time dream bike, which I believe will not speed as easily as my sport bike did).

I have been saving for about 6 months now and my bike finally arrived last week. So I am now the new owner of a 2003 Gun Metal Pearl Fat Boy with EFI. Sadly, the weather has been too bad to ride it so I have only been able to back it off the pickup and store it in the Garage. Hopefully spring comes soon and I will be able to get out and start riding again.

The bug is bitting and I can't wait to get back on the road. Furthermore, I have been to Sturgis almost every year since I was in high school (I only lived about one hour away from Sturgis). For once, I will actually get to ride a real bike to the rally and get to experience was it feels like finally being able to be a harley owner. (Damn HD bikes are Freakin expensive, I always knew I wanted one, but it took some time and a lot of money before I was able to join the club):D

Anyway, I look forward to meeting everyone. Hopefully some of you that live around Laramie, WY will be able to meet up and ride with my friends and I to Sturgis this year.

Semper Fi,

Sgt. D.

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
That is a beautiful bike! I have one just like it. Your introduction was great. Welcome to the forum!

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Welcome to the forum, enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone for the welcome. Please don't let my early beginnings as a sport bike rider taint my image :)

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There is a lot of camaraderie with H-D owners your soon to learn. Had a friend with a R1 sold it, bought a H-D for this reason.

Nice bike! One of my bro's got his new FatBoy 1/10 and as of 2/17 he's got 30 miles on the ticker. Weather sucks here also...

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
toohuman,

Welcome! Nice bike, which delaer did you order it from?

wyo - UW class of '87

·
Registered
349 Posts
Welcome to the forum, great folks and tons O entertainment here. Just checked in myself not too long ago, from reading the intros, very few riders started HD. Seems like most have had to work hard to buy that first HD. Took me 30.

Anyway, nice looking ride and hope your off-season is short.
Fat

·
Registered
81 Posts
Welcome Aboard Jarhead....

·
Registered
349 Posts
BTW toohuman

Nice lookin garage...

Musta been a Marine, look at that "deck" shine.

Kinda wondering, why are your clothes hung up in the garage???

:D :D :D

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Now start saving for the add-ons, cuz harleys will fly, it just takes more money.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Uwyodude, My response is long winded. I first ordered my bike from Rapid City, but they were selling for 1500 over MSRP. I had my money on the wait lists at three other dealers. Just about the time my bike arrived in Rapid, Casper Delux HD called and offered me a slot on the bike of my choice at MSRP. So I canceled my order with Rapid City and bought $1000 of parts to cover my 1K down payment which they didn't want to return and put another 1K down with Delux in Casper. I called the other two dealers and took my name off their lists. Soooo...to make the long story short...Delux HD in Casper :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts