V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my 03' 2-tones V-Rod will be delivered in late November. I just ordered quite a number of chrome parts for it. However, since my dealer doesn't have the "chrome exchange program", just wondering whether anyone knows if any shops would buy the stock parts from me (otherwise they will be sitting in my garage!)? :( Thanks in advance.

David

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
ebay
or
hold on to them. if you ever decide to sell your bike, reinstall your stock trim and sell the chrome trim on ebay.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks rhauft, I guess EBay would be the only way, huh? :(

Is that what usually people do with the stock parts after they buy the chrome ones? Hmm...maybe I shouldn't have ordered so many chrome parts to replace the stock ones, huh? :mad: Anyway, thanks again!

David

·
Registered
136 Posts
PrivateStock said:
Thanks rhauft, I guess EBay would be the only way, huh? :(

Is that what usually people do with the stock parts after they buy the chrome ones? Hmm...maybe I shouldn't have ordered so many chrome parts to replace the stock ones, huh? :mad: Anyway, thanks again!

David
Let me know what you've got when the time comes. I might be interested in some. Same for any of you other guys too. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Agcatman, thanks, I guess I'll definitely let you know in a couple of weeks when the bike and the chrome parts are in. Thanks.

David

·
Registered
136 Posts
PrivateStock said:
Hi Agcatman, thanks, I guess I'll definitely let you know in a couple of weeks when the bike and the chrome parts are in. Thanks.

David
Cool. Thanks.

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
private stock, not to mess up any deals you make with agcatman or anyone else, but keep in mind when you go to sell this bike it will have far more value if you have all the "original" parts.

This is the 100th anniv. bike and some years down the "road" it may well have some special value..value for which you already paid a sizable 100th anniversary markup for ....but only if the bike is 100% stock.

Ask anyone with a "classic or antique car" how much money the invested in finding all the "original" stock parts.

·
Registered
136 Posts
DJW said:
private stock, not to mess up any deals you make with agcatman or anyone else, but keep in mind when you go to sell this bike it will have far more value if you have all the "original" parts.
Huh? When you go to sell this bike? Heretic! Blasphemer! Someone call the Grand Inquisitor! No one in their right mind would ever sell this bike once they got it in their radical-looking performance-loving hot rod Harley hands! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts