V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy All,

I was just wondering if any of y'all have sold a bike online? And if you have, where are good places to list them? I need to trim the stable down to one bike now that April is almost here and the taxman is going to want his money. TIA.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Have you tried ebay?

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Cycletrader... Sold my last bike in 5 days. Listed on a Tuesday, had cash on Saturday...And your ad will stay listed for 30 days. It will help if you have pictures to attach.

Good luck !

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
www.cycletrader.com

2 bikes for Lisa. If you price the bike right, it will sell. I've found that many people on e-Bay are trying to make a fast buck at top dollar prices. I suggest that you price the bike mid-way between the Kelly Blue Book (www.kbb.com) wholesale (trade-in) and retail price. That's fair for you and fair for the buyer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the quick replies everyone, I really appreciate it.

PasadenaJim - I took your advice and went to Kelly's Blue Book to try to find a price and it said there isn't enough turnover to determine the price, yada yada. Would you happen to know what a fair price range would be on a 2002 FLHRSEI with about 1500 miles on it? I was thinking of listing it around 25 and taking anything in the 20s, but I haven't been able to come across any of them online to set a baseline so to speak. Once again, thanks for your help.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nevermind, I figured out the refined search feature at cycle trader now (I'm a bit slow sometimes) so I've got a good idea where to price things.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I'd bet you could get pretty good money for that thing, probably close to what you've paid. At least, that's my impression from the ads that i've seen for 'em. Good luck. Replacing it with another bike?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nah, not replacing this one. When I was living in Hawaii and had no need for a car I spent way too much money on bikes so I'm just selling off the Road King and a custom jobber. I'm going to keep my baby (in my sig) as "the one" just because I have way too much time/money in it to think about selling....made the decision on what one to keep an easy one :)

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
nickgohlke said:
I was thinking of listing it around 25 and taking anything in the 20s, ....
nick,

What did you pay altogether? $28K???

I would ask for what you paid, then settle for $25K, not a penny less. $25K would be a good deal. Especially as summer grows near;)

wyo

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Yo nickgohlke,

Wow... an 02 scream'n eagle RK in the low 20's!!! If I was still in the debating stages of buying (before I ordered and picked up my new RKC), I'd jump on it. Low miles too!!!

That'll be a great deal to some lucky person.

:eek: :D :eek:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Awesome scoot, see why you are keeping that one!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts