V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It’s time to thin out the herd a bit and it looks like it time to let my sportster go. I currently have three bikes and running out of room.I’ve owned a few sportsters over the years and I do know that what you put into it you really aren’t getting back. So my question is has anyone taken the time to part out a good running bike to see if you could make some of your money back? It’s a 2001 xlh 883 that was converted to 1200 by previous owner, low miles and runs great.I’ll post a pic or two to give you an idea what I’m working with. I have some cash into it but mostly a lot of time. Thanks for taking the time to read this..

·
Registered
491 Posts
Sell it in one piece. It's not worth the Hassle to part it out. We have an enormous ammount of used Bikes for sale. NADA will give you a price point. Good looking Sporrster!

·
Premium Member
6,798 Posts
I'd say if you put a dollar figure on your time it probably wouldn't be advantageous to part out. If you don't and are looking at it purely from what you could make, parting out would get you more cash. It could be a long and labor intensive road though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
IF IT WERE A PAN HEAD OR A SHOVEL YES YOU WOULD HAVE A LOT OF MONEY THERE BUT NO POINT INTEDED IT IS A SPORTY

·
Registered
19 Posts
Looking at your photos: If you still have the stock parts you took off then if It were me I would put the stock front wheel and the stock exhaust on it and sell those custom items seperate. I do not thingk you will get much more out of the bike with those items on it. Now your probably looking at $300. to $500. for those items so you have to decide if its worth it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts