V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to a company I'll keep unnamed, at least until all avenues are exhausted.

I bought a seat from a seat company, took 6 weeks to get. 3 days after I finally got it, the leather started peeling from the padding. Sent it back. 4 weeks later, I got it back, repaired. 3 days later (again), same problem. I now just want my money back. I think I was more than fair in giving them an opportunity to repair the seat, once. It didn't work. I was just informed they have a "no return" policy. Bad company.

I am now waiting for the "manager" to call me. I'll let him know it will ultimately cost them more than what I paid for the seat in bad P.R., see where that gets me. So far, I've been dripping with kindness on the phone, so I haven't been a jerk on the phone....yet.

Uhm, what are my options? When one is personally involved, sometimes one doesn't think the creatively. What should I say to the manager when he calls? I want my cash back. By the time they repair it again, my riding season will all but over, except for the "extreme" riding.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Bot

I hear ya! unfortunately, they already have your money. First off, I wouldn't even let them get you upset. Try to give the manager some respect and let him know that you know his company (Corbin?:laugh: ) is better then the product you received. Also, you may want to look and see what their return policy in writing actually is..

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't gotten upset yet. I'll not name the company yet, but if they comply with my request, I'll sing their praises. Their "policy" isn't on their web site though...interesting. Wonder what the manager's response will be when I ask him for it, in writing?

·
banal
486 Posts
Hopefully you bought it on a credit card. Usually it's no problem doing a chargeback on a Visa or Mastercard, just in case they don't feel obligated to make good on their sale to you.

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
Did you pay with credit card? They give you some help in cases like this if the company does not make it right for you. At this point, you have not gotten what you paid for, and they had two chances to get it right. Most credit card companies will help you if the merchant sends you defective products, but only after you try to work it out with the merchant first. Just don't wait too long, or you lose this ability.

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Assuming you paid with a CC...

When you talk to the manager explain remind them you did pay with a CC and politely tell them you wanted to give them a chance to make things right.

When you do a CC chargeback the merchant is stuck with the bill + a chargeback fee.

Good luck,

RT

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Twice I've had issues with a company that I couldn't resolve at all. I did the old fashioned thing and wrote a detailed and polite letter to the Better Business Bureau in the city they were in and was astounded by the immediate resolution of the problem.
Riding with friends,
Geoff of WA

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So far, its going OK.

Well, we are going to try one more thing. They are shipping me another seat today to use temporarily while they repair mine. I was happy with the way I was treated so far, and I really just want a good seat. So far, so good. It's only when the company (any company for that matter) stops trying that getting ugly is the venue of choice. We aren't there yet.

·
"Jane you ignorant slut!"
2,292 Posts
It's interesting that you buy a new seat, basically send it back with very little use do to an imediate problem, and you end up with a repaired seat (that is if they do a proper job).

Something about this does not seem right to me.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Repair or New

I don't care what they call it. If it looks like a repaired seat, it'll go back. 20 times if that what it takes. I suspect that if this time it isn't right, the manage will concede and refund my money. I don't really want the money back, I want the seat I ordered. He seemed very accommodating this time on the phone, and I am giving them every opportunity to make it right. I think that is fair, prior to being a completely unreasonable customer, or sending a letter the BBB. All these are avenues I can eventually pursue, but unless they are absolutely necessary, why do it, if it won't get the job done?

Frankly, I don't care if they cut the seat in half and glue it back, as long as I cannot tell, and the quality is still there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts