V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the touring passenger pillion, and noticed on the rear fender a black box that looks suspiciously like the H-D Factory Security System.

Now, when I bought my bike they didn't make any mention of there being a security system on it, nor did I receive a security system keyfob. However I have heard that Harley started putting the system on all V-Rods not long after the introduction as it appeared that the V-Rod was attracting the attention of thieves. My bike has a production date of 6/2/02.

Without having the keyfob, is there any way to confirm or deny the existence of the factory security system on the V-Rod? I've read through the owners manual and not found any way of doing so. If the bike has the SS, then I'd like to make use of it.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
security system

:D Hey VRD, The spec sheet on 2002 V-Rods list the security system as an option but the 2003 spec sheet shows it as standard.I purchased a Apr. built V-Rod and it has the system but no siren,which I was told by the dealer was pretty much standard.The Harley site shows it cost 275.00 dollars extra for it.You should get two keys,two fobs.and a little number tag with a key code.The module for the alarm is under the passenger tourture device.Black square box marked as such on top of wiring protector. check out under seat and you'll find it if it is there.

Happy Riding,

Waterhead

·
Registered
906 Posts
The security system is Standard on all V-Rods...but it's the Siren which is optional.
That black box is located under your seat. Not only should you have gotten the keyfob you should also have gotten the video to show you how to set it -it has different modes.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Alarm

I did not get the security system on my bike.It is a 2002. And I don't believe that it was standard on the 2002

·
Registered
603 Posts
Factory Security System

Model year 2000 and greater HD’s are, or can be, equipped with the security system according to the accessory catalog, page 720. My 2002 (6/25/02 build date ) VRSC came with the security system installed.

Security module & key fobs, VRSC PN : 68200-00B is $ 270. A siren is also available as an option for $85.

My advice is not to thumb through this catalog. there are 2 custom colors, flame painted body parts, for the VRSC, red & pearl white.

JMS

1 - 6 of 6 Posts