V-Twin Forum banner

Security System Indicator Lamp

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  stevep1590 
#1 · (Edited)
I had disconnected my battery before installing new chrome switches and harnesses. When done, I reconnected the battery, turned the ignition on and the security system light (little red key) stays on.....bike disabled. What happended? I didn't know my bike even had a security system. The manual talks about a key fob, I never got one with the bike..?? 2006 Deuce EFI.

Help

thanks

#2 ·
I have disconnected the battery on my bike numerous times and the security system hasn't armed itself once the battery is reconnected. However, the fob (you should have gotten 2 of them) sets and unarms the silent security system. You can purchase the siren to go along with it for additional $$$. Anyway, check with the dealer for the lack of the keyfobs and ask them what the security code is for your bike. The system can be unarmed by utilizing a specific sequence of turn signal button pushes on both left and right hand side. However, you need your code in order to unarm it. Once unarmed you can change this manual code to one of your own. The dealer can give you the specific rundown on how to do this (if not explained in the manual) when you call for the code. The security code is a 5 digit #. Usually comes from the factory set as 1-2-3-4-5. You might try this first.

#6 ·
Ok Iginition fuse was blown. replaced with the spare....blew that one too.....all pin connections from the handlebar controls look ok. I soldered all splices and heat shrinked...should be good. Any ideas? Could the EFI system relay be bad now? any way to test it? I have a multimeter...
\\thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.