V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 FLSTF and am having trouble with the security system. To start off all was working well untill she fell over. Now when I turn on the ignition..lights flash 6 times and security light stays on for about 10 seconds then goes out. All is well....untill you hit the left turn signal then the security light comes on and won't go off. The fob will work as it should...arms and dissarms.

Any Ideas?

Thanks
Lee

·
Registered
132 Posts
Originally posted by lee
I have a 2001 FLSTF and am having trouble with the security system. To start off all was working well untill she fell over. Now when I turn on the ignition..lights flash 6 times and security light stays on for about 10 seconds then goes out. All is well....untill you hit the left turn signal then the security light comes on and won't go off. The fob will work as it should...arms and dissarms.

Any Ideas?

Thanks
Lee
g/f just got a '02 FLSTF - and I've been trying to figure out the security system - arrrg! Have absolutly no experience with it but have you tried removing power (pull security system fuse) and letting it sit for a minute or two? Of course then you may have to reprogram it - I think??

In my feeble mind it sound like a motion sensor is setting an error code.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Originally posted by HIPPO
Rustler, make sure you program a manual disarm mode into it, or you will regret it somewhere down the road.
Thanks for the reminder Hippo - is that the voice of experience I hear?? ROFL

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
No, but it's not hard to see the potential for a Charlie Fox. My friend Vicky has it on her Glide, and after almost 6 months with the bike she still has the ocasional problem.

I just view all these electronics as the enemy and learn as much as I can about them, as sooner or later we will all have to deal with them.

As wonderful as they may be in the eyes of some, in my view they detract from the spirit of what a bike should be. They are becoming as delicate as some of the people that ride them.

As any other tool they can be used for good or evil, and the more I understand the integration mode of them on our bikes, the more I become convinced they are being used to maximize corporate profit over the useful life of the bike as much or more then to do a specific job. A new version of planned obsolescence, as they will become white elephants a few years down the road.

Guess the Bill Gates types are not concerned. LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts