V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dedided to add security to my Black 02 FLHTCUI. When I completed adding the security my bike would of course not start. Called the dealer...no one around who knows security. So I turned to the Internet...found you folks. Read all posts and replies in this forum. Great info. Found a lot on installing but never the whole deal on exactly how to map the TSSM -->EFI-->ECM. Pieced some things together and tried the initial cal procedure 3 times ten minutes apart. No luck. I am going to order The Electrical Diagnostics manual on Tuesday but would like to get this done. Also my engine light is coming on for 8 secs after the engine is started. I assume this is because there is a code due to engine not starting. Anyone who has the whole procedure a little help would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was also wondering if there is a way to clread and clear stored codes without going to the dealer. Would only do because i suspect no real problem

Thanks

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Install TSSM.
Remove lighting fuse.
Set run/off switch to run, verify security lamp is not blinking ie it is disarmed.
Turn ignition switch on.
Press starter button one time, bike will start and stall and will cause bad password DTC.
Wait 10 seconds. Security lamp will come on. ECM will enter password learning mode. If ignition switch is cycled it will exit the learning mode.
After about 10 minutes the ECM completes the auto learn. Security lamp turns off.
Quickly turn ignition switch OFF - ON. This has to be done real quick so as the ECM does not shut down.
Repeat the steps from "wait 10 seconds" to "quickly turn ignition switch" two more times.
Turn ignition off and install lighting fuse. Give the bike about 15 seconds before you turn it back on.
Password learning complete.

Now you need to perform all the steps in the owners manual from vehicle delivery onwards.

You can not erase the password code but it will be a historic code and should go away after 50 run cycles.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey hippo
thanks for the response. Tried it still won't start. Am pretty sure I followed procedure exactly but will try again. If you think of anyting else let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
No other thoughts, try again.

Does the bike run if you remove the TSSM and put the TSM back?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tried again no luck

Bike runs if i take out tssm and put in tsm

Sequence seems to work as you say.

after trying to start sec light comes on after 10 min goes off. Switch ign off and on sec light comes on for 4 sec goes off and comes back on again goes off after 10 min. Did this a total of 3 times.

First time sec light wouldn't come on so I followed the pre programming procedure. Ign on-off-on-off-off lts twice and repeat once. Sec light came on then.

Anyone else whos had any luck with this feel free to help,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gave up on trying to install security and took bike to my local dealer. I had to show them in the Manual about the password learning procedure since they have never had to do this before. They tried for several hours to enter the password. No luck.

Gave me another module and said to try it on my own again. Put in the new module and performed the password learning procedure. Bike won't start.

The Bike is an 02 FLHTCUI the p/n of the security is 68200-00A.

Once the password learning procedure has been performed and failed can it be tried again or is the module locked out.

Also I have not yet performed any of the post delivery setup ie keyfob learning, personal password etc.. I did not want to do this for fear that this may lock out the module.

Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
65 Posts
My brother had the very same problem with his 02 Ultra. He even tried another TSSM and the same problem. He finally just returned the TSSM to the dealer. The dealer admitted that the motor company has had many problems with the alarm system. My brother figured if someone wants the bike, take it and he would just get another one. No big deal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
finally gave up and took the bike to the dealer. He told me it was about 1/2 hour deal. Also said if the procedure in the manual didn't work there would be no charge.

When I called to see if my bike was done I was told it was but it took 2-1/2 hours. Because the book was incorrect .

I called H-d customer service and was told it should be aqn hour at most, however they did acknowledge that if you have never done one it may be longer since the book doesn't work exactly as outlined. I argued that if the book is wrong they should pickup the tab. They then said the book is correct. Keep in mind this is in the same conversation. So we have determined its both right and wrong.

Anyway I settled on 1 hour and moved on. Apparently sometimes you have to force a password.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Alarm problems and security module/

My FXST is new (june 2002).
When geting my bike from the dealer after the firts 1000 miles check, I got a probleme with the alarm. A soon as the bike was stoped and the alarm set on, the alarm went on (not the signal indocators blinking , just the siren)....

The dealer told me that the siren is faulty, not the secutity module.

Since I'm waiting for the new siren, I cannot tell for sure if the security module is allright but I have some doubts.

any way, if any of you can direct me to the Harley davidson customer support (I'd like to bypass the dealer), i'll be glad. They are some points I would like to make sure, but I don't trust my dealer.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Originally posted by jean-luc

any way, if any of you can direct me to the Harley davidson customer support (I'd like to bypass the dealer), i'll be glad. They are some points I would like to make sure, but I don't trust my dealer.

:confused: What support ?? LOL

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Heu...

Maybe because of my bad english, I was misunderstood.

I mean, if anyone can provide me an email address which led me directly to someone from HD...I'll be happy.

In france, I have a postal address...so forget it

I just like to "talk" directly to someone from HD, I don't want to talk to the dealer. He told me enough lies.

Do you think that's impossible ??

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
No, your english is fine.

The only way to talk to them is to call (414) 343-4056. They don't have a toll free number or a means to contact them by e-mail. If you get past the people that answer the phone most of the time, you might find someone that will give you some information other then wishy washy precanned statements.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Originally posted by jean-luc
Heu...

Maybe because of my bad english, I was misunderstood.

jean -luc, The sarcasm in my original answer was in no way directed at you. I just figured the way HD treats it's customers was probably the same there as it is over here...Horrible ! No insult intended. I wish you luck with your motorcycle.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
beer for all...

Thanks for your answers,,

My understanding is:

It seems that it's impossible to be in touch directly with HD
It seems that you have to get through the dealer.
It seems that it's the same for you in the other parts of the world .

I got the address of the HD French head quarter. I will send them a mail and let you know if I get any answer..(I mean a real answer)..

ps twincamzz: Imagine, when the dealer did the first 1000 miles check the even did not check the spark plugs . I wonder what else they did wrong.

Regarding the problem with my alarm, it just happens after some guy in the dealer office decides to wash the bike...He used a high pressure water system et voila.....In france we call them 'incompetent' . don't have the word in English.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
jean-luc said:

My understanding is:

It seems that it's impossible to be in touch directly with HD

Regarding the problem with my alarm, it just happens after some guy in the dealer office decides to wash the bike...He used a high pressure water system et voila.....In france we call them 'incompetent' . don't have the word in English.
Yes, that would be the correct word here also...'incompetent', among others... :D
Wish you luck.

·
Registered
224 Posts
gjdev said:
Gave up on trying to install security and took bike to my local dealer. I had to show them in the Manual about the password learning procedure since they have never had to do this before. They tried for several hours to enter the password. No luck.

Gave me another module and said to try it on my own again. Put in the new module and performed the password learning procedure. Bike won't start.

The Bike is an 02 FLHTCUI the p/n of the security is 68200-00A.

Once the password learning procedure has been performed and failed can it be tried again or is the module locked out.

Also I have not yet performed any of the post delivery setup ie keyfob learning, personal password etc.. I did not want to do this for fear that this may lock out the module.

Has anyone else experienced this?
I would find another dealer, all they had to do was hook up to the digital tech or scanalyzer and program the tssm, takes about 20 minutes tops. If you do not follow the manual procedure when first starting the bike it will not work from there on has to be programmed at the dealer

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah the problem is you just trade one bad service dept for another. I have gone to several dealers and watched the service guys come and leave to see what and if they ride. Most don't even ride others that do their bikes are a piece. To get good service it needs to be a passion not a job.

Also I follwed the procedure exactly...The first time. So I dont knwo what happened there

1 - 18 of 18 Posts