V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I start taking my ride apart. Would someone share with me the trick to removing the fuel line from the throttle body on my EFI '05 Road King.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
You need to squeeze the line at two points with your fingers and pull, but really there is no need to remove it if you have removed it from fuel tank, Swivel it down and you can leave it on to remove the intake and t/b unit it will be fine.

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
Pull the fuel pump fuse then start the bike and let it die from lack of fuel. The bike will only run for a second or two. This will safely remove the pressure from the fuel system. Then you can safely remove the fuel line from the tank. Lift up on the collar on the fuel inlet line to the tank and pull the hose down the same way you would as a air hose coupling.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So it removes from the tank and not the throttle body? Thanks guys, I guess I was overlooking the obvious.:duh?:

·
Highly Seasoned Rider!
4,884 Posts
michael101 said:
So it removes from the tank and not the throttle body? Thanks guys, I guess I was overlooking the obvious.:duh?:

Yep, and the procedure outlined by RPbrock is in the service manual. That's a hint. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts