V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is their anyone in the Seattle/Bellevue area that has an '09 or later Road King with a Corbin Dual Touring seat with backrest that would allow me to come over and take a look at the seat and sit on it for a few minutes.

Before I plunk down $ 800.00+ I'd like to get an idea if it will work as well as so many Corbin owners say they do.

I live in North Bend.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Check Craigslist, theres a guy selling a 09+ Corbin with backrest down in Lacey.

I'm in Duvall

·
self banned
5,992 Posts
Just be careful if you buy a used or test ride another bike with a corbin. Make sure the seat was made for the same size person as yourself. I made the mistake of buying a seat off ebay once which turns out was made for a shorter person (even though it was not the "close model").

I do agree that you should try one out before laying out the big bucks. I love mine, but there are people that don't. I use the solo and add the full pillion pad when the wife is there. The full pillion has the same comfort as the dual tour. I had bought the pillion cheaper at dennis kirk.

First I found a cheap solo to make sure I liked it.

Then I bought the full pillion at DK to make sure the wifey also liked it.

Then I bought the wrong size dual tour, didn't like it.

Then I called corbin for a dual tour and they had a solo seat for me in my size. They said this combo (using the pillion pad I already bought) would be just as comfortable as a dual tour.

I was able to sell the used seats and pretty much didn't lose any money.

rkc

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check Craigslist, theres a guy selling a 09+ Corbin with backrest down in Lacey. I'm in Duvall
Thanks, that's a Gunfighter, not a dual tour. It is a good deal, especially if you only ride two up occasionally and not long distances. New Gunfighter is $ 439 plus the backrest at $ 229. He is asking $ 325 for both.

Main difference for rider is Gunfighter is 13-1/2" wide while Dual Tour is 15-1/2" wide. Gunfighter Pillion is for girl friend, wives need dual tour, especially cross country.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I wasn't sure of the model, just rememberd seeing it. I have two seats right now, if it's just me or the wife and I are buzzing thru the valley I strap on the HD Badlander(I like the look), if we are putting some miles on I have a Sundowner deep bucket that we find to be pretty darn comfotable! I have two different backrests for the wife depending on the seat I have on the bike. Next up is a rider backrest for the hardcore riding days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts