V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I've seen similar questions here before, but I'm not comfortable with the positioning of the stock seat and handlebars on my new Fatboy. I'm 5'9" and my feet aren't flat on the ground when I'm astride the ride. My back feels stretched, my elbows just about locked and my wrists/arms lower than they should be when I'm riding. I'm debating whether to change the seat to one that sits lower, change the handlebars to a pullback, add a pullback riser or some combination of the above.
One dealer parts guy recommended switching to the Heritage stock bars which rise higher and seem to be more pulled back than the Fatboy bars.
I don't want to spend a fortune to solve the problem.
Any suggestions?

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
Bikini Beach Bars

I just added a set of Custom Chromes Bikini Beach bars. Nice pull back and has a mean/street cruiser look to it.

Let me charge the camera up and snap a pic for you.

·
Registered
53 Posts
handlebars

I have an 02 Fatboy too! I am 6' and had the same problem with the handlebars! I put on the Mini Ape Hangers w/11" rise and it's better, but I wish I had put on bars from the Heritage Classic! I sat on a buddy's and they felt really sweet!......... Buena suerte, Dan NM

·
Registered
159 Posts
Just Right

I'm 6'2" and while I never had a problem getting my feet on the ground I felt like my back was stretched and my hands to low just like you fellows. I tried everyone elses solution I saw when out riding and finally tried the 2 1/2 " pull back risers from custom chrome. Man what a difference! The stock Fatboy bars have a real good bend and this sets them right in front of you. I can ride for a couple of hundred miles without any arm or back fatigue now. They cost about $30, try them I think you'll consider it a good investment.

Budman

·
Registered
159 Posts
No the stock cables were plenty long enough. When the bars are installed on these risers they are about 2.5" higher, but they are also a couple of inches back towards you, so you make up the distance lost by going taller.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks Budman

I believe I will have to look into this. I opted for the chrome factory bars on my FATTY. They weren't expensive, and I like the look of the stock bars. I don't want to replace them. I do however need more comfort for the long haul. Pull back risers may be the answer.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the great advice/opinions. Now I just have to make a decision. Think I'll go with a lower seat first, since I need to get closer to the ground. Then I'll have to choose between say, a 3" to 4" pull-back riser and pull-back bars, to reduce the back stretch. I did check out the bars at Wild1.com and they look pretty cool....so many choices and so much FUN! Any other recommendations out there for lower seats?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts