V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Ironbutt
7,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe i'm being over-cautious but was wondering if anyone here has seen a way to secure your seat to help prevent theft. For my seat, all it takes is a phillips screwdriver and about 5 seconds to get it off. I'm looking at ordering a custom seat ($700) and don't want it walking off.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Maybe i'm being over-cautious but was wondering if anyone here has seen a way to secure your seat to help prevent theft. For my seat, all it takes is a phillips screwdriver and about 5 seconds to get it off. I'm looking at ordering a custom seat ($700) and don't want it walking off.
Are things really that bad in IL ? Just askin... If your that worried, you could probaby get a security screw that fits. They look like a torx head with a pin in the center. Takes a special bit to install/remove.

Heres a link.
http://www.fastenal.com/web/search/...categoryl3:"602318 Machine Security Screws"|~

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Check out Brukus. I bought the saddlebag secures and I'm happy with them. Could I have gotten the same thing at Home Depot for cheaper? Sure, but it was a lot easier to just order from them and have it delivered to my door.

·
Ironbutt
7,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check out Brukus. I bought the saddlebag secures and I'm happy with them. Could I have gotten the same thing at Home Depot for cheaper? Sure, but it was a lot easier to just order from them and have it delivered to my door.
Thanks for the advice. I don't mind paying $15 for a little extra security.

·
Ironbutt
7,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Ironbutt
7,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Sniper
1,659 Posts
I gotta say in the 46 years I've been riding, I've never heard of anyone getting a seat stolen. Hope you find somethin that works, I'll take my chances

·
Registered
40 Posts
Brukus , a little high but great quality and good people

·
Registered
278 Posts
I just got a new seat, too. My wife made me a nice sling so I can carry the seat with me when I get down to walk. It comes in handy as I always have a nice, soft place to sit at bike-shows, swap meets, etc. (Only bad things is, with the seat being gone...someone stole my battery yesterday...) But I'm making a little pull-cart...

(Watch me come out tomorrow...and my seat's gone...meanwhile motorheads5 is at LAX, checking his oversized luggage for the flight back to AK.) :hmmm:

Seriously, MilesToGo, I obsess about this kind of stuff, too. Get something like that trick-bolt, and put your mind at ease. If someone really wants your expensive seat, they'll find a way to take it (and if you're lucky, that's all they'll take). All our worrying about such stuff won't change a thing.

I agree with 'Gunny'. I've never heard of a seat being stolen off a bike,either. For what that's worth.

Alan

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Can't be to careful. St. Louis was recently named the second most dangerous city in the world.
So what was #1?

Seriously;try this: Go & buy a leather holster at a gun shop & mount it in a visible location on your bike--I've heard that works to deter hanky-panky!

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
I just got a new seat, too. My wife made me a nice sling so I can carry the seat with me when I get down to walk. It comes in handy as I always have a nice, soft place to sit at bike-shows, swap meets, etc. (Only bad things is, with the seat being gone...someone stole my battery yesterday...) But I'm making a little pull-cart...

(Watch me come out tomorrow...and my seat's gone...meanwhile motorheads5 is at LAX, checking his oversized luggage for the flight back to AK.) :hmmm:

Seriously, MilesToGo, I obsess about this kind of stuff, too. Get something like that trick-bolt, and put your mind at ease. If someone really wants your expensive seat, they'll find a way to take it (and if you're lucky, that's all they'll take). All our worrying about such stuff won't change a thing.

I agree with 'Gunny'. I've never heard of a seat being stolen off a bike,either. For what that's worth.

Alan
:redrolf: DAMM I've been PROFILED :hystria: :clap:

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
So what was #1?

Seriously;try this: Go & buy a leather holster at a gun shop & mount it in a visible location on your bike--I've heard that works to deter hanky-panky!
Now that's a good one!:beer:

·
Ironbutt
7,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So what was #1?

Good advice. Maybe I'll get one of those stickers that says protect by Smith and Wesson while i'm at it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts