V-Twin Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Don't forget to consider a back rest

For my 2 cents worth: I sat on many seats and eventually tried a Mustang Vintage Wide on the rec of a friend; can ride for HOURS without the usual sore butt, however I don't believe it's just the seat; I later got the driver's back rest and that made the difference on long rides when it came to back pain and fatigue. The combo makes riding a dream......

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Hey buddy, you problem is not the seat, but how you are sitting. I am a P.Therapist and it is obvious that you are sitting right at your tail bone and you should not, that is why God gave you some padding in there, well hopefully you have some... :)
You need to seat more upright, in your butt cheeks. You should consider getting lower handle bars, that would move your chest forward, and also do whatever modification you need to do to move your feet back, under you some, where your Hip, Knees and ankle will be aligned in 90 degrees. Seat on this bike upright!
Do that, and your problem will be solved.
But, you will not be looking as cool though.... ;)
David

·
Registered
47 Posts
I put a Corbin gun slinger on my 02 train last summer and rode 8,000 miles return on a trip.This seat is awsome.After the 3rd day on the road putting about 700 miles on a day.I was still comfortable just needed a few extra minutes at gas stops to stretch.
Oh yeah it looks good also.
Mike

21 - 23 of 23 Posts