V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 02 Fatboy and I'm having some trouble deciding on what seat I would like to stick with. Right now I'm switching between a Badlander, a Stock Fatboy seat, and an Ultima Solo Seat. Each seat has it's own thing I like about it, but I'm just trying to find a better all around seat. Does anyone have a suggestion about what seat I could use that would let me set in the position of the stock seat, but have the killer looks of the badlander? My badlander is hard as a brick and tends to push me up on the tank a little bit, but it looks so kick ass on the bike that I'd love to stick with it. Passenger comfort is not as a big deal due to the ablity to switch out to something different, but would like something at least tolerable if a lady would happened to just on for a quick ride around town.

Any suggestions? I'm leaning towards a gunfighter or gunslinger but I've heard they're just as hard.

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Corbin or Mustang should have something.

The Corbins are a harder seat but the more your are on the bike the better they feel. I have a Gunfighter on mine and it gets better the more time you spend on it.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
One guy on the forum took his Badlander and had it redone with Gel packs. Claimed it was a major improvement. I rode a Badlander once, I don't believe him lol!

I like my LePera Silhouette. Has Gel packs in it too, looks and feels great. It's not for touring though, I can ride all day with plenty of breaks but 2-3 hours solid riding without a break it starts to get uncomfortable....

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Do you have any leatherworkers in your area? I found one near me and was charged 500 to have new foam/reshaped/and covered in leather along with a backrest. and matching tank pad http://www.woodstockcustomleather.com/
It could have been a little cheaper but most of the seat is elephant since it holds up a little better. I had a Mustang and the custom seat is much better. The wife actually enjoys the ride.

Attachments

·
DR EVO
1,757 Posts
Happy with my Saddlemen for all day riding with stops in between. However, it killed my ass on a 7+hr trip with just gas stops. Something to think about.

·
05 Deuce
263 Posts
Shaw_2112 said:
One guy on the forum took his Badlander and had it redone with Gel packs. Claimed it was a major improvement. I rode a Badlander once, I don't believe him lol!

I like my LePera Silhouette. Has Gel packs in it too, looks and feels great. It's not for touring though, I can ride all day with plenty of breaks but 2-3 hours solid riding without a break it starts to get uncomfortable....
I reworked my Badlander on my Deuce, three times. Never really could get it right, probably cuz I did the work myself...it's not really rocket science, or maybe it is!
Ended up buying a Lepera Silhouette. Very similar to a Badlander, but much better quality in the cover and stitching. Ride is better, with more support.
It did though set me back a little further. I've heard most seats will break in to a certain point after time, but the Lepera seems great right out of the box.

·
Premium Member
4,719 Posts
I think I've been through most seats by now. IMHO, buy a Mustang and be finished with it. You can skip all the horrible seats that I tried before I found the Mustang. Corbin sucks too IMHO.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
I replaced the badlander on my 06 night train with the corbin gunfighter. The seat looks as good as the badlander to me and it is much more comfortable. Once you get sore on the badlander it takes a day to go away but with the corbin a 15 minute break and you are good as new. I might try a LePera though because Corbins customer support sucks and the quality is questionable. I had a rivet pop out on my seat within the first 100 miles.

·
Site Sponsor
62 Posts
The Badlander is a great seat to modify. I've done a bunch of them and even have one on my Heritage and my wife has one on her Deluxe.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I've got a leather HD stripper seat. Looks great, and is more comfortable than the stock Badlander. It's probably not as comfortable as some of the others, but it sure looks better. It's a good compromise in my book...

·
Site Sponsor
62 Posts
BBfxst said:
I need some help to guys!

I have a 2006 FXST , and tried a Corbin Hollyweird Solo and then a Mustang Vintage Solo....not much difference in ride time for me, 45 miles and my tail bone tells me to get off! I would like to know if anyone out there has a clue what I could do to go further? Gel Pad? Memory Foam?

My 2000 FXD I rode all day with a Badlander, but my legs and feet where not forward, could that be the problem? and if so....I need some suggestions as to solve this, If there is any? I tried the Alaska Sheep Skin butt pad too....and same thing!

Thanks for any info!

Al
Sounds like you need the tail bone section of the seat cut out a little to me.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Sundowner help

I've tried a few on my '05 Fatboy (not a Mustang, though) and put the Sundowner back on. It was the most comfortable for me and my wife, looks good, and is relatively cheap. I'm going to have a little custom fitting done over the winter at Rich's Upholstery in Seattle to make it even better.

·
Registered
100 Posts
just switched to corbin classic solo great looks and accepts the backrest for those long rides. Best i've ridden so far

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
Check out C&C seats (www.ccseats.com) I have their sport tour on my night train, it's really comfy. Their fastback is the same thing just a smaller passenger area...IMO these look better than the badlander, and more comfortable beyond compare. Also C&C prices are very good.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Seat modification???

Is it possible to modify (have softer foam/gel pad put in) the existing seat on my FLSTF 07 & add a backrest? Maybe even shave it down so its lower profile. Reason: I like the look it has (3 studs w/stitching) but it’s a tad wide & I would like a removable backrest. I have contacted meancitycycles & their response was very vague. Can this be done or is it best to just buy another seat for longer rides?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had Mean City do my 07 Fatboy seat...it made a huge improvement and added at least one hour of ride time...They do good work but the seat is not really designed for comfort so Mean City did what they could with mine. A real good quality job.

I would consider a Mustang or the Saddlemen gel seat as some here have mentioned. I am also searching for another seat and am leaning toward the Mustang. My brother just ordered the Saddlemen and i'll wait to see his and how he likes it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts