V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading these debates between Corbin, Mustang, and HD Sundowner. I know everyone talks about firm, soft, form-fitted, etc.

Without sounding a little ... well, you know, :ymca: how big is your bottom side? I have a boney butt (6' 185lb.), so I'm concerned about the firmness of the Corbin. I don't like the high, fat look of the Mustang dual touring. The Sundowner is good, but from what I've heard, not as good as the others.

I'm planning to ride my RK Custom ALL DAY, with my wife on the back (trips to the west coast, Florida, Maine, etc.).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
131 Posts
WOW Matt, thats some nice long rides.

I am having a seat problem also! but not a 2 up like your's I have looked for every seat made, its a real hard thing to find the best one that works ( key word hard ) all the seats seem hard to me!

I think you might try a nice looking seat for your ride, what ever your looks choose?...and get a gell pad to sit ontop of the seat, or something on that order...there are lots of info on that type of comfort, and you should find just what will make you Smile...Good Luck!

Ride Safe!

·
Registered
96 Posts
A vote for the Sundowner

I have a bony butt and ride for 8-10 hours per day at times. Seat of choice....Sundowner. Never had a problem with it. Nice padding for passenger as well (usually my equally bony butted daughter) FXDLI

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
LittleBear said:
Russell Day long Saddle, custom made for your boney ass.
Not very stylish but comfy.
http://www.day-long.com/
I completely agree, I would have nothing but a Russell for long distance which is what I do most. For around town and with the tour pak off, I throw on the LePera. As far as comfort though, it's Russell hands down.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Matt115 said:
I've been reading these debates between Corbin, Mustang, and HD Sundowner. I know everyone talks about firm, soft, form-fitted, etc.

Without sounding a little ... well, you know, :ymca: how big is your bottom side? I have a boney butt (6' 185lb.), so I'm concerned about the firmness of the Corbin. I don't like the high, fat look of the Mustang dual touring. The Sundowner is good, but from what I've heard, not as good as the others.

I'm planning to ride my RK Custom ALL DAY, with my wife on the back (trips to the west coast, Florida, Maine, etc.).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Don't screw around with the off the shelf seats as its hit or mis plus there all crap as they go for looks and not for comfort. You want a seat that you can sit in day long and actually has a real gaurntee order a Day Long Saddle from
http://www.day-long.com/ , give them a call and speak with Katie .

These seats may look a little strange but they are the most comfortable out there. They are made to you exact specifications, weight, waist, inseam and height. The seat if built for the drivers spekcs or and the passengers so everyone is happy. Or just have the drivers section done and screw the passenger.

Drawbacks, you must supply your OEM seat pan, the turn around time is usually 30 to 60 days. You might have to send the seat back for a adjustment. If you lucky enough to be in there area you can actually make a appointment with them and ride in and have one built for you while you wait.

FWIW I have been using there seats on various bikes since 1995 or earlier and they simply can not be beat, PERIOD:yikes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts