V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
You cant go wrong with either Corbin duall touring or Mustang touring seats ,I have the corbin on my RKC and the mustang on the Dyna,The wife likes the Corbin pax seat better than the mustang.

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
One of the guys I ride with that has a RG put a Corbin on his, after several long trips, one across the country, he and his wife still love it.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Sad, sad, sad, in the old days someone would have asked fr pics by now. Need to decide if your simply whipped or not.

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
I have been avoiding the Corbin because of the expense but it looks like that is what I will do.

I have a mustang solo and a 11" pillion. It is ok and I can live with it but on long trips it can wear on you. The wife is ok with the 11" but pretty much same story for her on long trips.... No real complaints. We just like MORE comfort, the seat is comfortable and works well for us as is.

So we tried the full mustang touring. Very comfortable but I sat way too high, I felt like a circus clown and she did not like looking at the back of my head, so we moved on. I have considered ordering a Mustang Sport Touring but I have read posts that it does the same thing with seat height and relative to each other seat height.

I ordered the Sun Ray for the road king and FLHX which looked comfortable and we could tell it would sit her up higher than me, but OMG that thing hurt. We road it for about 20 miles and I wanted to carry the friggin bike home. That one went back the next day.

Then I ordered the comfort stitch for the rk/flhx which is similar and the same name as the stock seat on the ultra. She really likes it. She thinks it is very comfortable, sits her up high so she can see down the road over me, etc etc. It is ok for me but pushes me foward and I always feel like I am sliding forward, weird. Also after about 60 miles or so, for some reason, it kills my shoulders and neck, something about the position. We are keeping it since mommy likes it but I have to find something we both like.

I had a corbin on my yamaha and loved it and so did she. I may just have to break down and buy another one.

·
Registered
265 Posts
RG50 said:
Whats a good seat for 2 up on a '06 Road Glide?The stock seat is killing my wife's beutiful butt!
@gree: @gree: @gree:
!worthless
Take a look at the Saddlemen "Road Sofa" or their "Explorer" seats. Well worth the money to keep her butt looking good.

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
There was a corbin dual tour listed in the cincinnati craigslist for like $350~400 but I don't know if it would fir an 07'?

·
Registered
433 Posts
RG50 said:
Whats a good seat for 2 up on a '06 Road Glide?The stock seat is killing my wife's beutiful butt!
You live right down the road from Corbin, so you should go see 'em. They've got everything in there. Get ready to pay for it, though.

The Sundowner isn't a bad seat and my wife and I typically ride 350 miles in a day on our frequent weekend jaunts. I'd also look at the heavily padded Harley seats. They're a little overstuffed looking for my taste, but they feel great. If the seat is too comfortable, though, you won't have an excuse to massage her after the ride.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Another vote for Corbin Dual Tour, my teenage daughter say's it's so comfy she could take a nap . I have the heated version which has a bit more padding than the regular. Corbin just dropped thier price $200 so it's a more reasonable deal.

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
I got an E-mail from the DennisKirk web site saying they are having a seat sale and Corbins are listed on the flyer for anyone interested.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
RB Jones said:
You live right down the road from Corbin, so you should go see 'em. They've got everything in there. Get ready to pay for it, though.
Thats what I'm going to do.
Its hard to check out seats and how they fit when the dealer does'nt have them in stock.
I found out there is a guy in Los Banos that use to work at Corbin.He is buiding seats,will check it out.
I dont want to just order one thru the mail.I think its like buying shoes,have to try them on first.
Thanks for everyones input.

·
Registered
433 Posts
RG50 said:
Thats what I'm going to do.
Its hard to check out seats and how they fit when the dealer does'nt have them in stock.
I found out there is a guy in Los Banos that use to work at Corbin.He is buiding seats,will check it out.
I dont want to just order one thru the mail.I think its like buying shoes,have to try them on first.
Thanks for everyones input.
I've heard the Corbins feel stiff at first, but break in to fit yer arse perfectly. If you find out who's doing the work in Los Banos please post. I go through there every now and then. Will be going through tomorrow for the Calif. HOG rally in Fresno.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts