V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
GimpGlider
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a similar question posted in the seat forum, but I figured I'd ask the masses...I found a good deal on a gunfighter seat from a 2000 Nighttrain, and I'd like to put it on my 07 FXST....Will it fit? I've tried looking up fitment, but different sites list different years....Any advice appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,749 Posts
I doubt it. The 2000 NT has a 130 rear tire. Your 07 has a 200 rear tire. The rear fender is much wider on your NT than on mine(2000). Usually, parts will fit 2000-2005 Softails and then Harley went to that big fat and cool tire. The 2006 and 07 parts are usually interchangable as far as body parts go.

·
GimpGlider
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought the only downside to the rear fender width would be more sheetmetal showing on either side of the seat :hmmm:
If the measurement from the front mounting tab to the rear thumbscrew is the same, think it would work? only other obstacle I can think of is fender angle...wonder if the local shop would let me look up close on an early 2000 model.
Only other "wallet friendly" option right now is getting my stocker reshaped...I gotta do something though, went on a 200 mile ride the other day, and I'm still hurting....

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
carpenter115 said:
I thought the only downside to the rear fender width would be more sheetmetal showing on either side of the seat .
nope...the width of the rear fender is different, therefore the radius of the seat pan would be WAY off. It might fit one way but not the other. Think of it like a bra.....a 32D might fit around the girl....bit if she's got 32DD boobs, it's not really gonna fit!

·
GimpGlider
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
geno2w1 said:
.....a 32D might fit around the girl....bit if she's got 32DD boobs, it's not really gonna fit!
I see now...just needed a language I could understand :boobies: :thumbsup:

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
If it's that good a deal, buy it and try it. If it doesn't work for you, sell it for a couple bucks more than the "good deal" you got!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts