V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 FXDWG does anyone know how to modify the Sears Lift to compensate for the small fin that they have welded on the back right side of the frame????

B

·
0 Posts
Buy the Dyna lift adapter kit from your H-D dealer, about $20. It's a set of rubber and plastic blocks that 'flatten out' the underside of the Dyna frame so that it sits level on the lift. The adapters stick out enough that you may need to put the sidestand down on a chunk of 2x4 to get enough room to slide the lift under the frame. That's how my Sears lift works on my FXDXT anyway...

·
Registered
89 Posts
The adaptor kit is a MUST since the oil tank on the Dyna bikes is a bit lower than the frame. If you tried to lift it without the adaptor kit, the lift pads will be making contact with the oil tank rather than the frame. That's not good!

Hope you are enjoying your '03 Wide Glide as much as I'm enjoying my '02 Wide Glide. (Of course, living in the far north, my enjoyment is being limited by the fact that the riding season -- for me at least -- has ended until the end of winter.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts