V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Restless
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everytime I try to do a search on a term I get a "page not found" error.
I'm a paying member and all the other ammenities on the site seem to work.
Is anyone else having a problem doing a search?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
timbo said:
Everytime I try to do a search on a term I get a "page not found" error.
I'm a paying member and all the other ammenities on the site seem to work.
Is anyone else having a problem doing a search?

Thanks.
What browser are you using?

Do you get the same result when you use the "Advanced Search" function?

The "Advanced Search" works for me, the regular search does not. Browser is "Safari".

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:hmmm: Works in IE and Firefox for me.

·
Restless
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm. Maybe it's a firewall thing. I'll check it tonight.

·
Banned
202 Posts
Works for me with IE 6.xx

Now if only this site would load faster...

And the problem is not my 20MBIT line or IE because this is the only site that takes over a minute per page to load.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
The search function works for me.

I sure wish it would allow phrase searches and use of boolean operators.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
I've been looking all over for this thread! Guess the search function is working for me.:wootdnc:

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
FLSTFI-2005 said:
Works for me with IE 6.xx Now if only this site would load faster...And the problem is not my 20MBIT line or IE because this is the only site that takes over a minute per page to load.
Then the problem is most likely a software related issue with your computer, I am using a crappy Celeron 600 on a 3MB cable connection and the pages load in 10 seconds or less.

·
Restless
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok. Something must be wrong with the referer page when a subject is not found. For instance, click on search, and in the drop down box type "velva ride". In Firefox it will display nothing, or in I.E. it comes up as that Microsoft generic "page not found" error. Now, type in "gear drive" in the search box. And.... the search works and brings up many threads.

Something must be going on with the VBulletin software or something I don't know.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
There's definitely something strange going on with the search function. I tried searching for the words front pulley and got the "page not found" error in Internet Explorer. Yet if I reverse the words and search for pulley front the search works fine.

·
Banned
202 Posts
sthorp said:
Then the problem is most likely a software related issue with your computer, I am using a crappy Celeron 600 on a 3MB cable connection and the pages load in 10 seconds or less.
If it is software related, then why does it do it on 3 different computers with totally different os and software?

·
Registered
393 Posts
rails99ca said:
There's definitely something strange going on with the search function. I tried searching for the words front pulley and got the "page not found" error in Internet Explorer. Yet if I reverse the words and search for pulley front the search works fine.

I tried this and Front Pulley never loads a result page, Pulley Front gets 10 pages of hits. Something is up.

·
Shithead
4,836 Posts
FLSTFI-2005 said:
If it is software related, then why does it do it on 3 different computers with totally different os and software?
Just out of interest, is there a common point between all 3 ? Like do they all go through the same network/firewall/proxy anywhere ?

Just ask cos everything runs fast here with FF and 3meg ADSL.

The biggie on VTF is the sponsor banners. Maybe something in your path is holding them up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts