V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running a 'modified' K&N RK-3909 now; I've plugged the breather bolt holes in the backplate & have the breathers routed to atmosphere. Works fine except that the filter assy isn't supported well enough...recently the bolts that couple throttle body & intake manifold vibrated loose, & I'm afraid of eventually damaging the TB. Is there a kit that uses a genuine K&N filter & supports the assy w/breather bolts but still allows exterior venting of the breather? I've looked at the Doherty kit, but I don't think that blue filter is a K&N. I gotta do something, but I'd much prefer to stay w/a K&N brand filter if possible.

TIA,

VicW.

·
Donut Inspector
77 Posts
filter

I have the Doherty Power Pac with the breathers and have no support problems and I use the KN filter charger kit to clean and lube it with no problems for 4 years.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
You will not be diappointed with the Doherty unit. Its probably the best quality a/c set up out there. And yes, like motor said it is a cleanable/rechargeable filter. While it might not be made by K+N still as good.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
I run the KurYakan (I think thats how its spelled) hyper charger and it works very well and it really shines at highway speed with the ram air effect. You can really feel the differents go up hills on the highway!!! Also it uses the breather bolts comming off the heads for mounting.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok guys, the Doherty kit it is then!

I just ordered the Power Pac w/the vents, so now I'll have to get rid of the stock football cover I suppose....that thing will hide my cool looking Power Vents!!~!Awesome!

Hugie, I think the Kury Hypercharger looks fantastic & I'm sure it's a great performer...but I'm a newb & not sure if I could get it to tune...way smarter guys'n me have had trouble w/it.

Thanks!

VicW.

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
S&S Tuned Induction

The S&S Tuned Induction system is not a cosmetic piece, like other forward facing set-ups. We have seen good gains with it on our dyno as we as have also heard from other shops with dynos on the same. The intial R&D dyno tuning at S&S's outside dyno pavillion, had PVC tubing out past the front fender.
Scott

1 - 6 of 6 Posts