V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions to an a supplier other than HD for the sealed wheel bearings? At $30 each from HD, I would imagine there are cheaper alternatives. I've seen them sold on eBay, but I don't know the quality. Anyone have any experience with those sellers

·
Restless
1,672 Posts
rails99ca said:
Any suggestions to an a supplier other than HD for the sealed wheel bearings? At $30 each from HD, I would imagine there are cheaper alternatives. I've seen them sold on eBay, but I don't know the quality. Anyone have any experience with those sellers
Easy one for me to answer as I just had the wheels chromed on my 04' Ultra and replaced the bearings. I like you was shocked at the HD price. Fuk HD and their overpriced crap! (sorry, just had to say it)

You can get the replacement sealed bearings through Custom Chrome. They are part# 20979. The best price and place to purchase these is at http://www.mandmcycles.com. Type in the Custom Chrome number on their site. They are the direct replacement for the HD OEM bearing #9247 and are only 10.87 each! As long as you have the OEM bearing number and it matches the above one I listed your good to go. If not, let me know what bike you've got and I'll help you find it.

Don't ya love it?!

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info Timbo. The M and M price sure beats the $23.94 listed in the Custom Chrome catalog and the $30 HD price. Any idea where they're made or by what company? I think the stock HD bearings are from Slovakia.

·
Restless
1,672 Posts
rails99ca said:
Thanks for the info Timbo. The M and M price sure beats the $23.94 listed in the Custom Chrome catalog and the $30 HD price. Any idea where they're made or by what company? I think the stock HD bearings are from Slovakia.
I'm not sure where they are made. JP Cycles also carries a replacement sealed bearing for the OEM #9247. I think they are like 14 bucks each though.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
At what mileage you replacing them? Feel a thump? Just decided it was time? Check run out?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Try any industrial supply place. All you need is one of your old bearings to get the numbers off of. I think you will be surprised at how cheap you can get your bearings at one of these places. The one close to me is National Ball Bearing.

·
Registered
152 Posts
try Jireh Cycles pt# 95-909 $5.95 ea.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts