V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone own the new SE Ultra Classic?

Am considering one for myself now that delivery on a Street Glide is a couple of months down the road. The dealer has the black and green one on the floor, and the price isn't too far from what I was going to pay for the SG once I finished "perfecting it".

Any input would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
I would definitely buy a SE Ultra if a Streetglide made the way you wanted it would be close in price. A SE bike will retain more of it's value than a modified bike will. Go for the Se Ultra.

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Gordito said:
Does anyone own the new SE Ultra Classic?

Am considering one for myself now that delivery on a Street Glide is a couple of months down the road. The dealer has the black and green one on the floor, and the price isn't too far from what I was going to pay for the SG once I finished "perfecting it".

Any input would be appreciated
Check this site out:

http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi

Be sure and read about the paint issues!

:cheers:

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
Oh my paint issues, my dad on third fender second bag.....But the S/E is a great machine. Verry little left for a chrome nut left to do.....They are great strong running bikes. With the exhaust and a/c you may be happy, you may not. It depends on how you ride....they definitely reatian their value though, just look at ebay....buy 17k vs 33k your choice

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to all who responded. Have pretty much decided on the bike, just waiting to see if I can get the dealer to sell at MSRP, which is 2k less than they have it listed. Fingers are crossed.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Gordito said:
Thanks to all who responded. Have pretty much decided on the bike, just waiting to see if I can get the dealer to sell at MSRP, which is 2k less than they have it listed. Fingers are crossed.
Good luck with the dealer...My bagger is an 05 CVO E-Glide and I love the bike cause I didnt have to do the motor...with a free flowing A/C and a good set of slip-on mufflers and tuning with a Screamin Eagle Race tuner...lots of us are seeing 100/100.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got them to knock off 1k. Better than nothing. Am looking forward to picking it up tomorrow. In fact, I can't wait!! :banana:

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
wow, good for you. Congrats on the new bike...That is unheard of around my area, the cvo's always go above msrp/

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Gordito, congrats on that new scoot. Very nice. I had hoped they were going to do the RG as a CVO again this last year but they did the Ulta so I just built my own SE RG. You will like that motor, I have the same motor in my RG and it pulls real nicely. Put on a SERT, some freer flowing exhaust and intake and get some one to tune it and it does even better. Post up some pics when you get that baby home.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts