V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided on a Supertrapp 2:1 as my pipe of choice. Does anyone know if the Screamin' Eagle 2:1 tunable exhaust is just a re-badge of a Supertrapp or are there actual differences? Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
260 Posts
It is the same pipe, however we have not made it for them for a few years. Are you looking at old inventory?

·
Got Jet Fuel ?
75 Posts
It is the same pipe Externally, but it is indeed differant internally, the baffle was changed to meet Qoute unqoute Harley Spec'.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I appologize, there were a few differences.
Upon initial design, they (MotorCo) did not like the routing of the pipe and had concerns over clearences. That was changed. They also wanted the bracket to be slightly different.
Muffler wise, the very first one had a different baffle (years ago), however that baffle was incorporated into the SuperTrapp and is what is used now.
For all intents and purposes they are the same. Thanks pilot.

·
Registered
11 Posts
SuperTrapp 2-1 FishTail

I've got a SuperTrapp 2-1 Fishtail (Full System) from an '06 Heritage (No o2 Bungs) Looking down the muffler, it's open & there are no tunable discs, only a long louvered baffle.

I'd like to bolt this onto an '08 Deluxe TC 96. (originally, the ST + FT was on an '06 Thunder Mountain SE103" Bobber) I'll install the o2 bungs of course.

With no tunable discs, will this set up be loud, louder or loudest ?
I'm looking for the fishtail sound but not wanting to make my ears sore. Is this set up considered a performance exhaust ?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Best to get all the part numbers off the system and contact us through [email protected]
Every component will have a number on it;
Head Pipe-050-XXX located on the backside of the collector
Muffler 027-XXX located on the backside of the inlet or bracket area
Get those two and email them in and we can tell you exactly what you have.

·
Registered
16 Posts
question about modifying a se supertrapp

Just Bought A New Harley Rg Custom With The Supertrapp 2-1. Sounds Too Much Like A Honda With Cap On And With It Off It Sound To Crackly. I Actually Preferr The True Dual Sound, But Id Sort Of Like To Stay With The 2 To 1. Question-- If I Were To Remove The Straight Inner Pipe From The Disc Cap, Leave It Out And Replace The Diffusers And Cap, Would That Work? Without The Pipe The Bike Has A Deep Tone With No Definiton, Just A Roar.i Think That With The Difussers It Might Sound Good????
LIKE TO HEAR SOME FEEDBACK ON THIS. MY ROAD KING HAD TRUE DUALS WITH GUTTED STOCKS. SOUNDED LIKE A HARLEY!!!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Your in uncharted territory, only way to find out would be to do it.
Unfortunately, once you cut it, it's cut, do you weld? You could try it and if not, weld it back?

·
Registered
6 Posts
JTW- I have a 2010 SG and the SE Nightstick. Wanted a little more low end sound so I removed the closed end cap and 1 disc. Other than the sound, what effect will this have?? I believe I read on the ST site that the end cap = 6 discs. Only took out 1 however. Any help??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts