V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i'll have a SE/K&N airfilter kit, V&H Pro Pipe HS [or thunder header 2n1 ] on a stock TC88 in my 06 Super Glide in a few weeks, haven't run the bike since breake-in was over last month, waiting for the trans recall to have the Stage 1 down load instaled before i fire it up, thinking of useing the V&H fuel pak instead of the SE race tuner to fine tune it and for futher mods like cams & head work. closest place to have it dyno tuned is over 200miles from here so i'm mostly on my own.
any input would be helpful.

·
Banned
154 Posts
I don't think you'll be able to "fine tune" it much with the Fuelpak. You can probably get it to a place where it will run decent with the fuelpak, but if you are looking for some real tight tuning, then the fuel pak isn't for you.

Fuel pak has 18 different settings. None of which V&H has made public. It would be difficult at best to know which one to tweak to dial it in.

Maybe look at a TFI for finer tuning.

Where oh where did you get a Pro pipe for an 06 Dyna? I thought the only pipes V&H was shipping for the 06s were the Big Radius, the Big Shots, & the Short Shots?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
xxxflhrci said:
http://www.dobeckperformance.com/

Be sure to check eBay. They are on there all the time for less than suggested retail. You will see it listed under more than one brand name, like Techlusion and Rev Tec. They are the same unit with a different sticker on the front.
thanks for the info
have you tried 1?
a friend at the HD shop is going to swop me the SE stage 1 down load & SE air cleaner base plate plus a K&N filter for some old Sportster parts i have no use for
i'd like to have the SE stage 1 down load for the increased revlimit will the dobeck performance unit work with it?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I looked into the Dobeck system though Im not finding a install manual or any tech info what they are doing accept piggy backing on and adding signal to the injector for added fuel. My guess is they are by passing the O2 sensor by a fixed resistor. PCIII for the 06 model dynas is doing just that. I wrote to the Dobeck contact asking if they are bypassing the O2 sensor to answer my guess. If you wish to get out of a 14/1 ratio a open loop or a wideband short life O2 sensor is the only options I know of. Here is another system a non piggy back system.

http://www.daytona-twintec.com/TCFI.html

Have a good one.

·
Banned
154 Posts
phreak_of_natur said:
Ah.

I'm not trying to sh!t all over the fuelpak. I've got one coming too, it's just not a performance tuner so to speak.
OK, now I'm going to sh!t on the fuelpak!!

Wiring harness is too short. You have to remove the OEM ECM connection, and plug it into the Fuelpak's connection, Then a pigtail ECM connection goes back through the electrical box to the ECM.

The Fuelpak's size, and limited length wire harness make this an impossible fit with out disconnecting, and rerouting ALL of the wiring under the seat.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
phreak_of_natur said:
OK, now I'm going to sh!t on the fuelpak!!

Wiring harness is too short. You have to remove the OEM ECM connection, and plug it into the Fuelpak's connection, Then a pigtail ECM connection goes back through the electrical box to the ECM.

The Fuelpak's size, and limited length wire harness make this an impossible fit with out disconnecting, and rerouting ALL of the wiring under the seat.
wow! bad deal !
what year and mod. do you have?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
phreak_of_natur said:
06 Street Bob. Added the V&H Big Shots Staggered, and the SE AC. I ordered a TFI to replace the Fuelpak.
Sounds like a good setup. please let me know if it works any better!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts