V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Total Nutcase
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a little more sound out of my '06 DWG. I didn't want to spring for the whole stage I kit with the Re-map and AC. I just don't have the cash right now and, honestly, I'm not that interested in more power. I found a set of brand new SE 49-State legal Slip-Ons on Ebay for $50. These were advertised as being made for '05 and earlier Dynas. UPS delivered them yesterday and I decided to try them out. I was a bit worried that it would pop and crackle from being too lean. My bike has the stock AC and the stock EFI mapping.

I installed the pipes yesterday and got to test ride it today. I rode about 25 miles at varying speeds. The bike ran perfectly. No popping at all. It didn't seem to get any hotter than before. When I shut it off, I did notice a lot of "pinging" coming from the pipes as they cooled down. I don't know if was because they are new, because it was damp out or because it was only 45 degrees outside. Like I said, the engine didn't seem any hotter than normal and it ran great.

HD claims these pipes are 25% louder than stock. Well, 25% of nothing is nothing and that became pretty clear as I was riding. :duh?: I couldn't really tell any difference between these pipes and the stock mufflers. I'm going to pull them off tomorrow and put them back on Ebay. Vance and Hines has pipes coming out for '06 Dynas in January. I'll get those, get stage I remap and probably a SE AC then.

Just thought this ordeal was worth passing along. If you've got an '06 Dyna, and you want to add some slip ons without spending money and time getting your EFI remapped, it looks like it works okay. Just leave the stock AC on the bike. Worked on my bike anyway... your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I know I've mentioned this somewhere in another thread but I got the SE II Pro's, Stage 1 Air Intake, and a Harley remap. The bike runs great and the SE II Pro's sound awesome.

·
Registered
106 Posts
JamieWG said:
Thanks for the link. I dunno how I missed that thread. It looks like I should have bought the SE IIs for more sound. You still using them?
Yeah they are still installed 5k miles with them on and no problems. Mountains to sea level it runs great. I haven't done a Air Filter change or remap.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Find some stock mufflers for any '05 dyna and drill them! You dont need remapping and new air filter. I've done it a couple of weeks ago and the bike "still" runs perfectly... However, I'm waiting for SEII pipes, stage 1 and I'll remap!!

ciao...

F

·
Total Nutcase
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies. I've already sold the slip-ons that I had and now I'm searching for some SEIIs. I was at the local hangout yesterday and some of the guys were telling me there is a local guy with a set for sale. We all know him, know his name, know his bike, but none of us knows where he lives or his number. :wacko: lol... I gotta find him.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts