V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a post out a wheil back on swapping files. No one responed so I am putting this out there. I have made a few maps now with the new race tuner. I have 3 for 107's 2 for 103 stroker. others for smaller motors but these are the larger ones.I would like to chat with anyone that is currently using the tuner ...... with a dyno to tune. Slow learning curve but puts the PCIIIR to shame. Any one used the S&S one yet??

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
How about this. Has any one been tuning with this tuner?? What type of results have you had??

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
There's a guy by the name of Charles on the www.bikerheaven.com Tech Talk forum that just finished using one to tune his 103" SERK. You might go over there and get hold of him.

·
Registered
250 Posts
If you have any problems, email me the data record and the corresponding tuning file. I can show you where it can be improved or improve it for you with my Tuner and email it back.
With the 103 and bigger motors such as your 107 there is a physical limitation to the throttle body and injectors. You cannot match the 45mm carbed 103 or 107 for that matter in the 5500 to 6500 area because of this limitation. For 99-01 EFI Screaming Eagle has an upgraded throttle body but is is the dual throat design that basically failed. Can't bend air at 90 degrees. The 02 and later use single throat design and there is not currently an HD approved upgrade but there will be in the future.
If all your riding is in the 2000-4500RPM area you will be fine and can use the SE Tuner fine. If you are over 5000 and larger than a 95 there will be problems feeding air and fuel to the motor.
The Tuner will help but not fix.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We have been working on another 107 at our shop . And have found that the Tb needs to be larger. Since my motor is a B motor 6200 is the limit. I had my TB bore at BC so that should work I am thinking I will need either large injectors or I might try a adjustable fuel reg to see if it will help as well. I just would like to chat with someone that is currently using the tuner at work like me and compare notes. I would be glad to forward the file to you. Contact me at my E-mail and I will send it to you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts