V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for anyones thoughts between the 2... have an all stock 05 RKC that needs a little but more performance and noise.. not ready to step up to the true duals yet.. so looking for a nice interim step. I will be doing the download and the Stage 1 air along with it...

The Rinehart slips are very new.. has anyone had any experience with them yet?

Look forward to hearing from ya...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Put in my order for the Rinehart slip ons today... I got a pretty good deal on them for $359 + $20 shipping... much better then the MSRP of $525... tough for me to pass up... so I didnt... according to Rinehart.. I should expect about 7 more horse power and about 7 more points in torque... not sure if that was with/without the SE air kit...

I am going with:
* Rinehart slip ons
* Download to change EFI
* SE Air Kit

Hope I am headed in the right direction... let me know your thoughts.. wish me luck! I will report out after the install...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
csoday said:
You should be happy, I wouldn't have recommended it if you had to pay Rineharts price.
Chuck - ya I wouldnt of paid the full amount for them, I would of looked elswhere. BUt I believe I will be happier with these then the SE's at a lower price... thanks for your comments...

·
Just Sayin'
2,530 Posts
JM, Where did you order them from? That's a good price.:woohoo:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DynaLow05 said:
JM, Where did you order them from? That's a good price.:woohoo:
Dyna - I will feel more comfortable giving them the thumbs up when I actually get them in hand.. I will keep you posted... keep your fingers crossed for me.. :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jmcampo said:
Dyna - I will feel more comfortable giving them the thumbs up when I actually get them in hand.. I will keep you posted... keep your fingers crossed for me.. :)
OK... here is the update... I was going to by them off of Ebay through a company called Kustom Emporium.. they were advertising them for $359 + $20 shipping = $$379. I was top bidder until the end.. and you know how that goes.. so they sold for $374 + $20 shipping... then I saw that Eastern Performance was advertising them (and still is on Ebay - search for Rinehart) for $399 flat (inlcuding shipping). So I jumped on that... I called them and bought them this morning... They are already shipped out to be delivered next Friday. I have an install date scheduled with my dealer for 2/28... I am very much looking forward to making my bike less quiet!

I hope this helps you all out... let me know if you have any questions and wish me luck! :)

·
Habitual **************.
234 Posts
jmcampo said:
OK... here is the update... I was going to by them off of Ebay through a company called Kustom Emporium.. they were advertising them for $359 + $20 shipping = $$379. I was top bidder until the end.. and you know how that goes.. so they sold for $374 + $20 shipping... then I saw that Eastern Performance was advertising them (and still is on Ebay - search for Rinehart) for $399 flat (inlcuding shipping). So I jumped on that... I called them and bought them this morning... They are already shipped out to be delivered next Friday. I have an install date scheduled with my dealer for 2/28... I am very much looking forward to making my bike less quiet!

I hope this helps you all out... let me know if you have any questions and wish me luck! :)
Just curious, whats a dealer charge for a 15 minite pipe swap these days?
RB

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
jmcampo said:
.. let me know if you have any questions and wish me luck! :)
Is your dealership cool with installing parts they didn't sell?

Most dealerships and many indy shops refuse to install parts they didn't sell you.

At any rate, good luck. The Stage I mods are the most cost effective changes you can make. Gets $$$ to $$$$$ from there.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Road Bag said:
Just curious, whats a dealer charge for a 15 minite pipe swap these days?
RB
For the whole job including install of air kit they are charging me $130 labor.. this of course doesnt include the cost of the download...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wyodude said:
Is your dealership cool with installing parts they didn't sell?

Most dealerships and many indy shops refuse to install parts they didn't sell you.

At any rate, good luck. The Stage I mods are the most cost effective changes you can make. Gets $$$ to $$$$$ from there.
Yes this dealer is ok with it.. originally they wanted to price match it until I told them the price I was getting them for.. they said they couldnt match it.. too low.. so then I asked if I could buy and bring them in.. and they said sure.. no problem... so I am bringing the pipes and the air kit in with me.. so really they are only getting labor and the download costs out of me..

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Retired_Ted said:
Personally, I wouldn't do the download - go with a Power Commander or something else - - just my opinion.
Ted I agree with you on that.. and most likely will go that route... but to get the PCIII and the dyno time.. it would be another $500 and I am not ready to do that at this time...

·
Registered
134 Posts
My understanding is you still need to do the download even if you are adding the PC. At least that's what my dealer told me. Could be BS. A 7 horsepower gain with a stage 1 seems way much to me.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dave1200C said:
My understanding is you still need to do the download even if you are adding the PC. At least that's what my dealer told me. Could be BS. A 7 horsepower gain with a stage 1 seems way much to me.
Those were statistics given to me from "Perry" the tech guy at Bub Enterprises.... little did I know that these guys were located like 45 minutes from me up in Grass Valley... I will let ya know how it goes...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well.. she is all done.... (I will put in a nice plug for Auburn Harley (California); I was dropping my bike off yesterday, for service to be performed today and they were able to get everything completed including the 2500 mile service yesterday, which was much more convenient for me) I couldnt be happier.... not sure about the true hp/torque gains but it is definitely more responsive... and the bark it puts out is nice.... just what I was looking for.... deep throaty sound upon take-off.. definitely lets people know you are there... and quiets out on the freeway.... the dealer continued to recommend that I have the Power Commander done for additional HP/Torque gain.. but I will stick with the download for now... seemed ok for now...

I would recommend the Rinehart Slip-ons to anyone looking for that low bark...

Ride safe!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just installed the Rinehart Slip-ons, Stage I, and a PC III bought from Fuel Moto(Hats off to Jamie). PC III came programmed and ready to go for my 05 FLHTI. Installed everything myself and love the sound and performance. I bought from Kustom Emporium and would recommend as it was a smooth transaction.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts