V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '06 Street Glide. I have been riding for many years but this is my first Harley. A week after purchasing my bike I had stage 1 upgrade and SE 1-piece mufflers installed. Just recently I had V & H Ovals & header pipes installed. I decided to sell the SE pipes. While cleaning them up I noticed that the part number etched on the pipes was different than what was on the Dealer's work order. The part number on the pipes is 64910-99 and listed on the work order is 64903-99. No where on Harley's website including the SE parts section could I find a reference to part number 64910-99. Neither could I find them listed in the latest SE catalog. But I did find 64903-99. Here's my problem. The only places I could find part number 64910-99 is on 2 aftermarket sites. http://www.surdykeharley-davidson.com/ and https://www.chicagoharley.com/2frames/2frame.html Both of those sites have the list price of part number 64910-99 at 159.00 but are selling them at a discount. They also both have part number 64903-99 listed at 319.00. My dealer charged me the list price of 319.00 for part number 64903-99 but installed 64910-99 listed at 159.00. I'm sorry if all of this seems confusing but can someone please enlighten me on the difference between the 2 models before I take this issue to the dealer? Do anyone know anything about part number 64910-99? Thanks.

eddie

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
EDDIE! Thats an interesting thing you have to report. Id be interested to know the resolution. You might consider going to the HD website and finding their phone number for customer service and speak with one of the fine representatives there. Ask if they ever vended such a part. Even tell them your story. If there is a dealer of theirs ripping off the MOCOs customers I would think they would like to know it.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Looks to me like 64903-99 is a muffler "kit" that includes two mufflers, 64910-99 is a single muffler. 64910-99 is half the price of the kit. JMHO.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
murphdog said:
Looks to me like 64903-99 is a muffler "kit" that includes two mufflers, 64910-99 is a single muffler. 64910-99 is half the price of the kit. JMHO.
You are absolutely correct. I took geoffreyt's advice and called HD. They explained that the mufflers are the same. 64910-99 is for single muffler and 64903-99 is for kit that includes 2 mufflers and hardware. I wish I had called HD before I posted. I just wanted to be clear before I called my dealer. Thanks

eddie

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Beautiful bike Alpha_Biker , beautiful. I like this bike very much. Congrats and I wish you a lot of fun.

emirharley
"Sarajevo Bikers Club" MC
www.sarajevobikersclub.ba
-----------------------------------------------------
2001 Harley-Davidson Road King Classic FLHRCI HDI EFI
Screamin' Eagle Stage One Kit
RevTech DFO Stealth Performance System
Screamin' Eagle Performance Mufflers
(Set two: Wild Pig Pipes, 2" baffles)
Ape Hanger
Back Rest
Kuryakyn Spider Light
et cetera

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
geoffreyt said:
EDDIE! Thats an interesting thing you have to report. Id be interested to know the resolution. You might consider going to the HD website and finding their phone number for customer service and speak with one of the fine representatives there. Ask if they ever vended such a part. Even tell them your story. If there is a dealer of theirs ripping off the MOCOs customers I would think they would like to know it.
What? Have you ever tried to wade through the "Press '1' if you own a blah..blah', Press '2' if you own a blah...blah...blah' crap. I did one day and after 15 minutes never reached a person and have no idea where I was connected to.

And the MoCo never seemed to care that dealers were charging $2,000 - $5,000 over MSRP a few years back. Old corporate BS about "Each dealership in individually owned and we have no control over them". Why should they care if someone is over charged a couple of hundred bucks now.

Sorry, I just had to rant.

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
Unome said:
What? Have you ever tried to wade through the "Press '1' if you own a blah..blah', Press '2' if you own a blah...blah...blah' crap. I did one day and after 15 minutes never reached a person and have no idea where I was connected to.

And the MoCo never seemed to care that dealers were charging $2,000 - $5,000 over MSRP a few years back. Old corporate BS about "Each dealership in individually owned and we have no control over them". Why should they care if someone is over charged a couple of hundred bucks now.

I agree. a bait and switch on parts would be something I would take up with the GM and/or owner of the dealership, and then BBB.

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
Unome said:

'

Im glad you feel better. I hate the phone game too. Sometimes though, you just have to play

·
Banned
871 Posts
Hmmm... as a general rule, Dealer = Rip off. Go aftermarket and you'll get better parts for less money, IMHO. :) I wouldn't bring a bike to a dealer unless it was for warranty repairs or free servicing.

·
Registered
450 Posts
You can have some fun the next time you are at your selling dealer and confirm what HD told you over the phone. Take BOTH part numbers with you and have the parts guy enter them in his computer which is connected to HD. Corrected or revised part numbers will show up along with current pricing. If it isn't what you paid you have a legitimite basis for a discussion.

I have a blue Street Glide and did FAR too much work on it BUT thats the fun of our sport. Especially since you won't be getting Screamin Eagle parts OR Pipes over the Harley counters for much longer --if you haven't heard.

Regards

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
V-ROD 1 FL said:
You can have some fun the next time you are at your selling dealer and confirm what HD told you over the phone. Take BOTH part numbers with you and have the parts guy enter them in his computer which is connected to HD. Corrected or revised part numbers will show up along with current pricing. If it isn't what you paid you have a legitimite basis for a discussion. Regards
My dealer charges exactly list price for all parts. A couple times a year they have sales and they have a 10% discount on parts when you purchase your bike but only on the day of purchase. So If I want to know how much my local dealer is charging for a part I only need to check the price in the catalog or HD's website.

eddie

1 - 12 of 12 Posts