V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put on the SE Perfomance Slipons a couple of days ago on my 2002 FLHRCI. Part number 64903-99. Really easy to install.

As far as the sound goes, I still have a grin on my face.

Much better than stock. The bike idles much better and I think runs better too. I had the stage 1 done before I picked up the bike. It's good and loud when you crack on it, but nice a smooth at road speed. For those that want the drag pipe sound, these are not for you. My buddy put drag pipes on his 98 Heritage last night and for me, those were too loud. Very clacky at idle and at all speeds. Made my ears hurt to follow him.

For those that want a really good Harley sound, but don't want to piss off all your neighbors, these pipes may be a good choice for you too.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mill,

Hey, I'm glad you got some good sound from your RKC, I picked mine up from the HD dealer on Sat. I got the 1000 mile service and installed the billet endcaps. I really like the sound of the SE performance pipes, I went on a ride today for the lukemia society for charity and I had two people comment on the sound and looks of the pipes. About the gas mileage, we rode about 50 miles and my tank was full, after the ride the needle on the gas tank was barely off full. So, the gas mileage on the RKC does improve after the break in period, I think the EFI really helps. The ride was pretty hot and steamy here in Alabama. I'll try to put some pics on the next post. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just got a 2002 FXDX and put SE's on along with a stage 1 kit. Have no idea what it sounded like stock but.... how can I put this. I'm not worried that the neighbors will think it's loud. Damn! My Honda sets off my truck's alarm but not the Harley. Oh well.

waelwell

·
Registered
16 Posts
Drilled out my stock pipes on my FXST and it is much louder. I think I may go to the SE slip ons. I rented a Nightrain with these and like them a lot. I still like the drilled out stockers better than stock though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts