V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The OTHER White Meat.
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a pair of SE tapered slipons on ebay for my 2003 FLSTCI.

I'm running punched out stocks right now, DFO, and an Arlen Ness Big Sucker.

Can I expect the SE's to be louder? Quieter? Performance difference?

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I have the same bike as you and also the SE tapered slip on mufflers. they are the SE torque mufflers and as far as sounds are between the HD 49 state legals ( quiter ) and the SE pros ( louder ) which use to be the SE II pros. I changed from the cycle shack full exhaust pipes and lost some power because they are a bit more restricted, less flow, but I like the sound of them. they have some bark when you get on it and they're not obnoxouisly loud.

good luck and ride safe.

·
Registered
139 Posts
brownjams said:
I have the same bike as you and also the SE tapered slip on mufflers. they are the SE torque mufflers and as far as sounds are between the HD 49 state legals ( quiter ) and the SE pros ( louder ) which use to be the SE II pros. I changed from the cycle shack full exhaust pipes and lost some power because they are a bit more restricted, less flow, but I like the sound of them. they have some bark when you get on it and they're not obnoxouisly loud.
So, ordered by loudness, this should be the list:

HD 50 state legal
HD 49 street legal
SE II (is it the same as pro?!)

is it correct?!

I'm going to buy the SE II and it doesnt say that thery are any-state-legal... I hope they'll be noisy enough! :)

ciao...

F

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have the SE II's on my 05 Fatboy, with a stage 1 kit. They sound nice, pretty loud idling, and taking off, quiet when criusin....good luck:thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts