V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have received several request as to what Eric's and my heads ended up flowing.
this is what I got from WFO Larry. he did the porting ,guides, and flowed them.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Stroker,

Just out of curiosity, using the same set up in your pictures, what did the heads flow while they were stock? Just trying to get a little bit of Flow comparison between the MVA and R&R heads.

BD.

·
Registered
275 Posts
What did the exhaust side flow?

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
Lower Lifts

Hey,
Any numbers available in the .300"-.500" range?
Cheers!

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stock on the same bench
IN 305 EX 220

after IN 330 EX 240

Larry does the EX @ 10 usually. but I think this is what he told me the EX did @ 28
I haven't really used these heads to there fullest. exhaust/cams/compression. Eric's pulled a 140 tq. but we really bandaged them with the t man cams. Eric's 662-1 pulls the best followed by the 662-2. but both need more compression and cams that will work with these heads to use there potential.

but they do pretty well out of the box in the crate motor at 10.3 .

·
Registered
517 Posts
Thank you sir.

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thank you sir.
no problem.
and thank you also. I have wondered what a stock type big name 88 cc head would do for one of these motors.it takes money and talent to pull it off. judging by that hp in your sig., a hit on exhaust would would blow over 140 tq. easy. I dont even know what you used. dosent matter really,they all work a little diff but with that hp showing now.... something will blast the tq.out if you wanted to chase it LOL.. might cost you 2 hp. might not.:) its only money.
SLPR
Larry would have to answer that.

FWIW... one of the engineers on the design team, said they (MVA) are good for N/A 160 hp after that.... Hurricane.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Hey,
Any numbers available in the .300"-.500" range?
Cheers!
I am wondering the same. I like to see .100-.650 , and cfs. you also need the inches they are pulling to compare to others. I know one guy that only pulls 15 or so. he claims pulling more shows numbers only to make sales.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Once the new wheel, with sold bearings is installed, I'll have it up on another dyno, and see how much more I can get out of it.

Time will tell. :coffee:

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am wondering the same. I like to see .100-.650 , and cfs. you also need the inches they are pulling to compare to others. I know one guy that only pulls 15 or so. he claims pulling more shows numbers only to make sales.
flow numbers are like dyno numbers. they are tools. use the same tool and compare before and after,. all along learning.
but hey I like seeing data as well.:)
Larry mentioned he likes to flow the exhaust @ 10 so he can hear it.

·
Registered
793 Posts
flow numbers are like dyno numbers. they are tools. use the same tool and compare before and after,. all along learning.
but hey I like seeing data as well.:)
Larry mentioned he likes to flow the exhaust @ 10 so he can hear it.
I tend to agree, but with experience one can compare different numbers from different tools. provided they have the proper data.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
117" and R&R cast heads

strokerjlk, I am very pleased with the R&R cast heads on my 117" and the numbers turned out great also with the 615/585 cams that are super quiet.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Who needs a set of MVA heads?
BD

·
Premium Member
426 Posts

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
The averages tell more not just peak. Using the 110 head as a start can provide higher averages unless the mva is welded back (not suggesting anyone resort to that)

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Are these numbers a little on the low side for a heads that supposedly flows so much ?? I would have expected more torque and hp air. I am getting those numbers by using the 110 heads.
check out this dyno sheet !!!
http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/dan-vance-racing/202049-dyno-sheet-117-a.html
thats is a nice 117.
the 110 heads work pretty nice....for a head that wasn't supposed to be worth a chit ,in the beginning. :)
lots of guys took what was available, and turn out some really nice flowing heads nowadays. sounds like you have it figured out Dan:beer:

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
You can also make good numbers with stock heads. Have a 124 07 RG stock head with 2.06 I stock exhaust valve flow @ 0.7 319 cfm small Mackie 598 cams making 140 T 130 H and have a sleeper stock motor.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts