V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that the tuner kit locks to the ECM so that the software will only allow you to custom tune the bike that it locks to. But does the package allow you do download the available pre-set timing curves to any bike. I know the SE Race Tuner allows you to perform downloads to any bike but only allows you to make a custom map for the bike the module is locked to. Is the Ignition Tuner the same? This is for a carb 06 FLHT.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
I was just working with the SE Ignition tuner earlier this evening. I have an 05 carb FLHT that pings it's butt off. My bike has a SE Ignition module. When I first connected, I got an error message that said the 'module is invalid'. After fiddling for a while, I found that if I had the ignition off, went into the 'calibration download' mode, then turned on the ignition, the program would recognize the module. At that point I was able to upload a new map. However, none of the other functions-Data Monitoring and Spark Table-seem to work. I'm not sure if the functionality problem is due to it being a SE Ign module and not a stocker or what. I wanted to find out what the specs were on my SE module before I uploaded the new map, but the program wouldn't read it. I am a bit disappointed. I will be going on a day-long ride tomorrow so I should know if the upload actually worked.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
I just got back from a little 280 mile jaunt. The the 'ping' issue is gone. I did everything I could to make it ping including a full throttle, top gear roll on from 2k rpm and nothing...So, apparently the map is installed. I know the SERT locks to the ECM by VIN, but the carb model doesn't have an ECM-only the Ign module. My SE module doesn't have a VIN installed so the software won't lock. Maybe someone with experience with this software will chime in...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Which map did you load? What mods do you have? Are you sure your A/F ratio is correct?

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
I have a 95" with SE 204 cams, Cometic head gasket, SE Ign module, VH True Duals with VH Ovals. I don't know about headwork as I bought the bike with this build and the previous owner only knew what he paid-if you know what I mean. I have spent a fair amount of time and a few $ straightening out a number of issues, but it has been worth it. As far as A/F ratio, I have not had it on a dyno but I recently spoke with a tech at one of the local dealers that has a nearly identical build and has almost identical carb setup. The only difference is my pilot is a 48 and his is 45. The module had a 196 map that didn't match anything on the software list, so I went with the 134 map. Besides getting rid of the ping, I also picked up 6 mpg and my oil temp is down 10-15 degrees. It's almost too good to be true.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Gee, I was hoping someone else out there would have experience with this program. I can load the maps but that is all. I would love to have full functionalyity, if possible.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I find it hard to believe that you are the only person with this unit. I also find it even harder to believe that no one knows anything about it and I seem to be the only one looking at purchasing the tuner.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts