V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a appointment to take the bike in for replacement of the compensator should I upgrade with the SE which seems to have problems also ? I have another year left on warranty and will have to buy extended if I keep her. The bike is a 2010 limited with 11k with stage one and a clutch spring .

·
Registered
973 Posts
Was under the impression the SE version was a huge success. Problems?

Me, I'd do the upgrade. It's not even that much more than the stock version!

·
Registered
973 Posts
If your bike was a bit older I'd say maybe give the BDL version a try. It's more of a performance feel but still quiets the pulses a bit

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is a fretting problem evidently some are seeing metal flaking , rust discoloration, and excessive wear at mating surfaces. Wish bdl would make a late model replacement.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Have a appointment to take the bike in for replacement of the compensator should I upgrade with the SE which seems to have problems also ? I have another year left on warranty and will have to buy extended if I keep her. The bike is a 2010 limited with 11k with stage one and a clutch spring .
You mention a year left on warranty, ask dealer if you up grade and the SE Comp goes bad are you still covered ??

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good idea thanks . I have decided to stay stock until the moco works out the SE comp . I will kill the stock one in time to be covered and I plan on getting the warranty extended to be covered.
The comp is being replaced , a bearing in the trans was bad and the main shaft splines are rolled . The bearing was not seated in the race correctly which would make things loose . So I will post all the results of the repair when I get her back.

·
Premium Member
791 Posts
There is a fretting problem evidently some are seeing metal flaking , rust discoloration, and excessive wear at mating surfaces. Wish bdl would make a late model replacement.
I have the SE comp on both of my bikes and no fretting what so ever. I use formula plus in both primaries. Seems those that are having fretting problems are using something else for lube?

We didn't do any of the grooving or other tricks folks have been using and so far all is good.

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just picked up the bike , they did a excellent job except they left the SE clutch spring in the old basket. They rebuilt the trans , replaced complete clutch assembly and the the comp with the SE version all under warranty it shifts better than new and is quieter and tighter . Thanks for the imput .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts