V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still have blow-by problems on my 05 RG, BBII with 203 cams. Have done everything that is suggested in the forum. Not a big deal but just a PIA. My HD wrech showed me a new SE kit that they use when going to high airflow filters. Basically it replaces the naked breather hoses with a plate incorporating the hoses. Price is not bad, around $50 with extra parts and gaskets. Has anyone used one of these on a bike 05 or older?

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
I got it on my 2003 EGC. Works as advertised.

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
Are we talking about the backing plate that came out in '04?
Or is there a new one in '06 that is more like the Ness BS?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure what the Ness back plate looks like, but this SE came out in 06. It can be found in the SE catalog and has a "New" label on it. Sorry, I have part number but will get and post on forum.

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
Yup, that one came out in '04.
The "New" versions are just chrome and wrinkle black versions of it.
Works well.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks MegaGlide. I will get wrinkle black verison. Stopped buying chrome add-ons when I got my RG. Had an 02 RK Classic and pimped it out with stuff. After putting 39K on it, I swore my next bike would have minimal chrome. Too much work to keep clean after 8 hours in the saddle.

·
Seasoned Prime Member
446 Posts
I don't see where this is going to help with your oil in the breather tube problems. You still have breather tubes. All this did was incorporate the breather bracket and the backing plate. Won't solve your's and mine's problem. Just my .02

1 - 9 of 9 Posts