V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since upgrading to a SE air cleaner I've noticed more intake/farty sound when I roll on the throttle, I assume this is normal and I just have to get use to it. True?

Dave L.

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Yeah, basically that's true. The noise is a little more pronounced with the open setup. You get used to it.

·
Registered
401 Posts
That giant "sucking sound" is more air going into your engine so it can breathe. Needless to say there is also a "giant sucking sound" that is your hard earned dollars going into the stealer's bank account every time you visit.:p

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
The more pronounced air intake noise is normal since the engine is taking in a much larger volume of air. However, if your engine is "farting" through the carb from time to time, such as when you blip the throttle, it is being caused by a lean condition. Therefor rejetting or remapping is in order to correct this condition.

SS

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SE Air Cleaner

No its not farting back through the carb (its EFI), Its running fine, I just noticed the more growling sound it makes since the air flow is unrestricted...

Dave L.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.