V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
They look great! What is your overall impression? They look a good bit smaller under the clutch and smaller overall. I know the other SE pipes require a reprogram, what about these 16's?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Modifications

The pipes give no real noticable power increase to me,but it only effects power between 6000 and 9000 rpm.They are alot smaller with heat shields that make them look big as they are. Installed pipes,air box kit,K&N air filter and chip download different from other S/E pipes.Sound is combination Ducati-V-Max-Big bore rice rocket,sounds good a vast improvement over stock.The engine does seem to rev quicker with the less resistance. I know the key will be easier to get when it drops down between the pipe.LOL.I also have the sundowner seat,it makes a great differerence in comfort. Not only does it not look like everyone elses Harley,it don,t sound like um either.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I just picked up my double barrels saturday, gave up on my backorder, another dealer had em in stock so i bought em there instead. I am taking the bike in for its 1000 mile check up as well as to have the pipes installed, soon as I get it back as promised I will make an mpeg of it and post it up, should have it online by weeks end.

·
Still Serving...U.S. Army
160 Posts
Man, I am so in love with the VROD. I am overseas and actually have a VROD with my name on it (delivery DEC). Some of the things I didn't like about the VROD was the small tank (I like long rides), my wife wouldn't find it comfortable, and the sound. Man gotta have that sound! Sounds like now you got it...or at least much closer (haven't heard it yet).

The VROD is a dream bike but it's not very practical for me and my riding style. But boy do you look good going fast! I leave Germany next JUN and have told the AAFES NCS Rep to swap it with a RKC two-tone for delivery in the states in Jun. It's so much more my style. But If I could have two....

·
Registered
150 Posts
Just had the SE2's installed and they sound great and I agree with Waterheads comment. Deep but hard rumble at low rev's and more aggressive pitch when revved up - makes people move out of the way and almost makes children cry...

Unfortunately, I have not been able to get hold of a camera to shoot some mpegs and the bike is now away on post-summer storage (the biker charm of living in Stockholm...).

Anyway, I greatly recommend the SE2 double barrel pipes

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.