V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not that I believe that the 16 gauge double barrel exhausts are too loud!! Some others may though... Thus, I wonder whether anyone knows a quick way to (temporarily) make them more silent, i.e. when passing through an area where you know that there are police checking on noise levels? Are there "inserts" that can be used similarly to what exists on other after-market pipes, e.g. Vans & Hines?

·
Registered
318 Posts
as the pipes come they arent loud enough to cause you any problems.remove the wrapping and it may cause you problems.they are a little louder than the first pipes that come out but a deeper tone.

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
SVROD said:
when passing through an area where you know that there are police checking on noise levels?
you people need a little more REAL crime to give these cops something better to do. Maybe if you'all got together and maybe jay walked or littered a little bit to give these poor guys some big cases to work on.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
These guys have stuff to do but when it's summer. sunshine and you can get a nice tan by being outside AND there is a biker meet going on, the police just love to hang out and check noise levels.

GPP, if that is the case, I will have to remove the wrapping. Can it be put pack if need be?

·
Registered
318 Posts
yes,its only taped at each end and comes right off.i did have to put about a 1 inch piece on the end going into the pipe to keep it from rattling cause there isnt a screw to hold it down.try it without it and see if yours rattles,you may have a tighter fit than mine and may not rattle.want hurt to put a little blue loctite on the screw holding the baffle in.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Damn SE's that are too loud on the V-Rod, **** I wish I felt that way about my original SE's .

The SE slip-ons are just a complete waste of money. :(

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am not saying SE-2s are too loud! The guys relaxing at the road-side in the sun and with the badges and with an increasing sun tan and eating donouts :) may though...

·
Registered
906 Posts
I think I'll keep a bag of donuts with me in case I get pulled over :)

You should post an MPEG of yer Rod with the SE2's, I would love to hear them!!

:)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JoeJitsu, I will as soon as I can get hold of a dig camera from a friend - currently out of donouts so I have to find something else to barter with :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts