V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Screamin' Eagle 110" Twin Cam motor and am wondering how I'd get the specs for this particular motor; How do I narrow the search with regard to the years produced?

Is there a tell tale indicator or something obvious that I can look for in numbering or finish?

Any Input Appreciated!!

·
Registered
17,687 Posts
The serial number on the cases would be a great start.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The motor was supposed to have been a donated motor to a voc-tech program and that's all I know. Supposededly the numbers were referenced at my local Harley shop and not much was learned..... Supposededly...

·
Super Moderator
21,602 Posts
The motor was supposed to have been a donated motor to a voc-tech program and that's all I know. Supposededly the numbers were referenced at my local Harley shop and not much was learned..... Supposededly...
VoTeck motor = neatly stacked parts. What's stamped on the left case half? Other than that, nothing on it is to be trusted.

Past that, bore and stroke will give you the size. And a look at the cam chest will give you the generation. Rear flange will tell on the gen also, but takes a little more familiarity.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1141007184 is stamped into both cases.... Hopefully that might steer is in the right direction....Thanks for the input this far....

·
Super Moderator
21,602 Posts
1141007184 is stamped into both cases.... Hopefully that might steer is in the right direction....Thanks for the input this far....
OK, that's not a vin, so no help. And its not a standard Harley part number. That may be a number the school stamped in as part of their property identification system.

Another way to check it is to pull the case bolt that is between the jugs, and compare it to one of the other case bolts. On 110's that center bolt is not the same as the other case bolts.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks much for the input! That gives me a starting point at any rate.

I'll see what I can find out with that information and get back to you folks.

Thanks again!!🙏

1 - 8 of 8 Posts