V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy some SE slip-ons for my FLHTC. I was perusing eBay and read on one of the listings that the 07 SE slip-ons are quieter than the older ones due to EPA emission regs. Can anyone confirm that? I had rineharts on my Nightster, but don't want anything so loud on my new bike... but I do want a nice rumble louder than stock. Plus I want to complete Stage 1.

Thanks.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I just put SuperTrapp SEs on my 07 Road King Custom. I really like the note and they aren't that much louder than stock, IMHO. I haven't measured them yet.

According to what I've read, the SuperTrapp SEs are what used to be the Screamin' Eagle slip ons prior to 2007. I've no way to know that's true.

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
I have a pair of the newer kind, the Screaming Eagle One Piece slip ons 80491-07. I love them. Definitely louder than stock and sound great to my hears, louder than than Stock and Screamin Eagle Touring slip ons, but quieter than Rush and Supertrapp SEs. Plus they are still street legal, so they must be right at the edge of legal.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies... I will look into both of those.

·
Registered
126 Posts
TJ I might have what your looking for in the classified section, a set of SE street perf touring mufflers #64985-07a with the piston end caps, take a look and email me

Ron

·
Riding With The Son
204 Posts
I don't have any way to compare them to the old model, but the new SE Street Performance Touring Mufflers are louder than stock, with a deep rumbling tone. They are very quiet around town, but have a very nice tone when accelerating. I would describe them as being "twice" as much sound as the stock mufflers.

·
Registered
729 Posts
TJ Willy said:
Looking to buy some SE slip-ons for my FLHTC. I was perusing eBay and read on one of the listings that the 07 SE slip-ons are quieter than the older ones due to EPA emission regs. Can anyone confirm that? I had rineharts on my Nightster, but don't want anything so loud on my new bike... but I do want a nice rumble louder than stock. Plus I want to complete Stage 1.

Thanks.
PM a fellow with the screen name R T out of OH. I heard his SEs and they were quiet but had a real nice sound to them. He could tell you what his setup is on his 07 RKC.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
The SE one piece slip-ons are comparable to the old SE II slip-ons as far as sound goes. Nice deep rumble at low speed and a mellow loud rumble when you get on it. Along with the SE a/c and the Harley Stage 1 download, the package is awesome.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I am running the older Screamin Eagle II's on my 07 Road King. They are much louder than the 07 Screamin Eagle Street performance slip ons. SuperTrapp SE's are the same as my current slip ons. If you want a louder sound, go with the older Screamin Eagle II's or the SuperTrapp SE's. The Street Performance Screamin Eagles have a nice deep tone but many find them too quiet for their liking.

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
07roadking60 said:
I am running the older Screamin Eagle II's on my 07 Road King. They are much louder than the 07 Screamin Eagle Street performance slip ons. SuperTrapp SE's are the same as my current slip ons. If you want a louder sound, go with the older Screamin Eagle II's or the SuperTrapp SE's. The Street Performance Screamin Eagles have a nice deep tone but many find them too quiet for their liking.
I agree with your comparisons. I had SuperTrapp SEs on my '07 Ultra....louder than what I wanted. The Screamin' Eagle Touring Performance slipons are perfect for me.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I've had SE slip-ons on my last 2 (99/02 Dyna's) have the Street Performance with piston ends on my 07 103 FLHX , they are MUCH quieter.
They have about 2500 miles on them and are nice, you can hear the low rumble and they open up nicely when tagged, but you can still here the Tunes and they don't get to you on an all day ride. My only complaint is the silly lil internal pipe that should be shorter , with that 4" can they should look like it too.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I am running the SEII one-piece (vintage 99 or 2000) on my 06 and they are about right. Good throaty idle, not loud at cruising speed, but they bark pretty good when you jump on it. Main thing is they are not tinny and not so loud as to give me and the OL ringing ears after 8 hours of 70MPH plus. Watch Ebay, you can find these in good shape for around $100 if you are patient. I gave a buddy $125 for these in as new shape (he pulled them off an 02 RK and went with Rhinehearts and honestly I like the sound of the SEIIs better than his Rhineharts, especially at idle). :yes:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Pipe length in cans

I agree NIDAN....they look awesome till you go around the back. I have the same set....wondering if it would screw up the sound if I just trimmed it off

K

1 - 15 of 15 Posts