V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any SERK owners here? If so, care to share your opinions on the bike? Likes, dislikes, etc...
Thanks

·
EvilMonger
8,792 Posts
Screaming Eagle bikes

I do not have an SERK but I do have a 2000 Screaming Eagle Road Glide in triple red. I have 35.000 miles in 20 months, hard miles. My floorboards are ground down as I scrape a lot in the corners. I am on my fourth rear tire and my third front, I just changed to Metzeler ME880 tires. Being the first year of the 95inch I am a little surprised that I have had no mechanical problems. I just checked my clutch plate thickness and was surprised that they are not even half worn, and this bike sees an ocational wheelie, holeshot, and often 100 miles an hour for extended periods. My only complaint with the bike is cosmetic. Ther was a clutch cable recall that resulted in a dented front fender, repaired under warranty. The chrome has peeled off the billet mirrors, the passenger pegs, the license plate rail. The paint was rubbing of the saddlebag lids where they made contact with the seat when they were opened. The seat was ripped by the factory backrest. Most of the problems were taken care of by my dealer, I had to fight with Harley for some of the repairs and they informed me NO MORE cosmetic repairs. My $200 dollar billet mirrors are pitted again along with a few other cosmetics. I think poor for a $23,000 bike. It does run great though and I love the bike. And 35,000 miles in 20 months in MASS means I do ride in the rain sometimes. That does not mean the chrome should be as poor as I think it is. If you are going to want to do performance upgrades, check with your dealer as harley would not even let me change the pipes without voiding my warranty, I am running a powercommander an SE air cleaner and a two into one pipe. If you decide to get one good luck.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply and the info. My SERK is due to arrive mid-July. The only mods I expect to make is adding a powercommander and slipons.
I guess I better get the HD Good Motorcycling seal of approval first. Haha...

·
Registered
903 Posts
It sounds like the chrome is the same on all Harleys. I have to keep up with my '01 FLHTCUI often using chrome polish to keep them from pitting.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I'm very close to puchasing a new RK classic. What is a SERK? I thought the 95" motor was the stage 2 kit (i..e. not factory installed)? Any input or refernces would be greatly appreciated (I am currently planning on adding the stage 2 after just a few hundred miles.

regards, greg

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Greg,

The Screaming Eagle Road King is from Harley's Custom Vehicle Operations.

Go to HD's home page, click on products, then custom vehicle operations.

wyo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts