V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI I LIVE IN MEXICO CITY,I HAVE A 2002 FATBOY CARB .I WANT TO BUY A SCREAMING EAGLE ENGINE KIT (COMPLETE) ANYONE KNOWS WHAT TO BUY AND TELL ME IF THERE IS A REAL IMPROVEMENT ......

QUESTION NO.2 I HAVE THE FNT & REAR LOWER SUSP KIT WITH STOCK OIL IN THE FRONT AND MY SUSP GOES ALL THE WAY DOWN PLEASE TELL ME WHAT H-D OIL CAN I USE

THANKS

LUIS CARLOS SOSA
MEXICO CITY

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
There are all sorts of SE stage kits. Depends on how much TQ/HP you want and how you ride. I would be pretty conservative with a B engine, in particular down there, and generally you can do better for less with reworked parts.

Lowered bikes will tend to bottom out, in particular on less then perfect roads. Using fork oil like 15W or even 20W from a good manufacturer like BelRay will firm it up quite a bit, but you are just masking the problem. If the forks are not filled to the proper level it will have the effect of a lower spring rate.

(the original HD fork oil is equivalent to 10W)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey, I just looked at the R&R Cycles Inc 124" replacement engine. Looks like a good deal?
They say 140 horse power and 140 ft lbs of torque.

·
Registered
8 Posts
question about being conservative

Why be conservative on a twin cam B model? I'm asking because I also have a twin cam B and was going to build a 100 or 107" thanks in advance for any info.

·
Ghetto Blaster
3,768 Posts
Holy Crap!!! Zombie thread alert!!!! The bulk of posts on this thread were 11 or 12 (ish) years ago!!! There is likely much more current info to be found elsewhere on the forum.
Just sayin...
Tim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts