V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has tried the new Screaming Eagle 16 Guage Double Barrel Muffler Kit for the V-Rod. I don't want the original Screaming Eagle slip ons, and most other after market pipes are TOO loud for my taste. What do these new SE pipes sound like? Performance? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I cant tell you first hand YET anyway but a few others from the bubent forum have them and said they sound fantastic, major improvement. Now I pick up my 03 vrod with the double barrels next week, soon as I get it I told everyone i would make a mpeg movie and pop it on the net so you guys could hear them for yourselves. Like you I do not want obnoxiously loud and care more about performance then sound but i do want it not to remind me of my honda and to have a deeper get me a bit more noticed sound.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I put them on this week on the 03 didn't like the sound at first , but they sound better if you stand back of the bike, going to leave the packing alone I think it will cause more back presure. I would like to have a 29 tooth sprocket for the belt. Have the SS windsheild boy that sucks. Have the K&N and chip, 360 miles it, sure does run and get alot of looks with the black and silver. #831496

·
Registered
31 Posts
Catsass,

What did you mean when you said the "SS windshield that sucks". I was thinking of getting the sport shield to alleviate some of the pounding on road trips. Also, did the pipes deepen the sound or what? Describe it if you can. Thanks.

I assume you bought it at Freedom? Whad they charge you to put it on?

Jokermachine
Louisville, OH
2003 V-Rod Aluminum Ed.

PS - 4nic8 - wheres the video man??????

·
Registered
21 Posts
Jokermachine

The SS windsheild (super sport) just gives you to much buffing in the face, I'am going to try some spacers to move to angle out about 1/2". Yes I bought it Freedom from Brain. The exhaust is sounding better every day. 494.6608 Don

·
Registered
12 Posts
4nic8,
Have you had a chance to make the mpeg yet? I haven't decided between the double barrels or waiting for V&H to put something on the market.

·
Registered
119 Posts
unfortunately my pipes have been on back order, Iwas told they would arrive the second week of September so soon as they do I will post both the before and after mpegs

·
Registered
450 Posts
The SE 16 Gauge pipes do work real well!! I THINK it will make most of you happy that are waiting for the Vance and Hines solution since EITHER V&H OR D&D made these pipes.

I removed the packing before I started it and left the baffles in. It seems to develop a deeper tone the longer you ride it around. My seat of the pants guess is that you get AT LEAST 10HP and lots more torque.

I followed the HD recommended plan--K&N filter, SE 16 gauge flash, and air sensor relo kit. I'm happy BUT will continue to fiddle around with it like I did with my Fuel Injected Road King to get more performance out of it over time.

If you are planning on showing up at Biketoberfest 10/17-20 there will be other V-Rods there and we can have a beer and swap lies.

Regards.

·
Registered
150 Posts
My SE2's just arrived at the dealer, now I have both the SE1 and 2's to chose between. While the S2's will end up about 50% above the price I have negotiated for the SE1's they might be worth it based on what I have read here and on the Bub forum. Hey 4nic8, have you gotten yours installed? It would be GREAT to hear the sound in a mpeg!

Cheers!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Unfortunately No, I called my dealer yesterday and still they do not have an ETA as to when the pipes will arrive. Mike from the Bub forum had the bub pipes installed and is going to get his bike on the dyno next week and post his results. If the results are favorable and I still have no eta on the double barrels I believe I am going to go that way instead of waiting the endless wait. If the results come back less then favorable then I will try to pick up the double barrels from a different dealer and get them installed ASAP, once i get that done I will make an Mpeg and post it here on the net. But I dont forsee anything happening for at least 2 weeks one way or the other.

·
Registered
150 Posts
4nic8,

Thanks for the update. I will try to get hold of a camera and shoot some moving pics with sound pre and post installment of the 16 gauge. Well, given that the dealer has got all of the stuff that was ordered...

By the way, the bub forum that you are talking about, is it the new or the old. If the old, do you have the address?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts