V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
different

Mine don't - they're SEII Pro's with billet end caps. Other people seem to have removable baffles in theirs, though.

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
You can pull the baffles out, they're not supposed to come out though. There just pushed in, the three allen screws that hold the end cap also hold the baffle in place. If you remove it, all you have is a three inch round straight pipe.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Depends on the bike

The above replies seem to be for touring mufflers. For any non-baggers, the Dyna and Softail SEII Pro mufflers have removable baffles. Two screws and out they slip (when new). I wouldn't recommend running without the baffles but you can modify them and reinstall or use compatible baffles like the new ThunderMonsters for SEII Pro.

·
Registered
454 Posts
baffles

I wonder if there's a difference based on when the pipes were made? I just checked my 05 Dyna's PRO II's (off the bike) over lunch and the baffle is most definitely not secured by any visible screw. The allen screws that hold the end cap on go only through the last part of the muffler body but are not attached to the baffle in any way. The baffles on mine appear to be permanently affixed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know where I can hear an audio clip of the SE pipes. I like the sound of the Vance 7 Hines StraightShots, but I like the looks of the SE Slash down better.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Removable for some but not all

My Dyna SE II Pros do not have an end cap- I have the baloney cut versions. Likely that is the difference. Some models- baloney, slash cut- have removable and some don't. We know that SE parts are not made by HD but are modifications of parts made by selected aftermarket manufacturers. Some of the slip ons are made by Cycle Shack; the 16 Gauge by V&H. I guess there is one or more other muffler manufacturers for other models and the ability to remove the baffle depends on who made it in the first place. I'd try to look at bikes that have these installed or pictures of the mufflers- owner pics, E-Bay. (Catalog pics are not helpful- you can't see the portion of the mufflers where the screws are inserted.) Any removable baffles are gong to have externally visible bolts. Mine are roughly on the upper inside and the bottom several inches in from the rear of the mufflers.

Sorry NY rider- I can't help with the sound clips.

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
I have an extra set laying around off my RK. As Geezer said, three screws and out they come. The baffles aren't stock any longer.

·
Registered
91 Posts
i had some se11 and tryed to get the baffles out,pulled the two bolts out put bar in the intake end no go,must be welded in. now i got some cycle shacks and the baffles are welded on each end. the c.s. sound good to me, and proform better to.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Apparently different slipons bought for different bikes at different times are different! I just bought a set of Screaming Eagle down slash slipons for my 06 Heritage Softail. At the end of both mufflers, there is a large center hole for the exhaust outlet and what appears to be a plate surrounding it that extends to the inside diameter of the muffler. There are two screws spaced evenly that appear to hold the plate in place. I removed the screws but nothing will give. Apparently the screws are to stabilize the end of the interior portion of the muffler OR the are for fastening ends, such as fish tails, on to the muffler

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Additionally, I am disappointed with the lack of sound (namely the "Harley" deep rumble). My friend had these same mufflers on his 05 and they sound much diffferently. Go figure!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts