V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer called and said bike should be here in a week. First Thing- Exhuast, is it possible to modify the baffles to get a better exhaust note? Secong Thing- Are the heads on the new screamin eagle bikes, screamin eagle heads? (when i looked on the harley website, they had a checkered flag for racing only) Third Thing- Whats is your opinion on lowering the new screamin eagle? Fourth Thing- Does anyone else have a 103 cubic inch motor, and if so, what have you done to yours? Fifth Thing- What do you all think about the badlander seat for the screamin eagle rk? (I want to be able to switch the bike back to the OEM specs, but still customize it to my taste)

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Hard to say as we have not seen the bikes yet. By looking at some of the specs I tend to believe they have quite a few parts that are specific to that bike only, such as cams and heads and ECM programming among others.

I think you would be well advised to leave the thing alone at least until some more data becomes available from actual bikes.

We have built a number of 103s, 106's, 117s, etc, but they are in a different configuration then the factory engine, ie using modified or aftermarket parts.

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
I doubt the bike has the heads or even the air filter. My 95 inch road glide did not come with any of it. The dealer and the factory both said any modifications MAY void the warrantee. I guess your relationship with your dealer would decide warrantee issues. Last months Hot Bike did a feature on the 103 road king. Good luck with your bike, I like it. Did you get it for MSRP?

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
If you are talking about lowering a RoadKing, personally, I think it is a bad idea. Clearance issues on the floorboards if ya do.

I would not punch the baffels either. Better off trading the mufflers.

Good luck and congrats!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Went to dealer yesterday afternoon to set up financing and mods to bike.My dealer seamed very much in to performance tuning and has no problem with warranty as long as they install parts before I take possession [even cheker flag items].I went ahead and bought extended warranty beacause of a promotion that drops intrest rate 1 1/2% and all parts will be covered.After talking to salesmen and mechanic I decided to go with race tuner ,screamin eagle slip ons and stage one kit. The mechanic checked on the heads and cam and said the heads are the screamin eagle heads and it would not warrent the cost of a cam beacause it is pretty aggressive already.They did say bike is very restricted from factory so new exhaust and better flowing air filter will let it breath.Then they will tune on a dyno. Also threw on 100th annaversary badlander seat. With bike ,7 year extended warrranty,taxes tags ,parts labor, and 4 hrs dyno time its 33000. out the door.I should take possession of bike in two weeks. I will be eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches three meals a day for about 2 years but what the hell. Thanks for you're post

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Are you saying $33k out the door?

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
JimmyK said:
Are you saying $33k out the door?
Yeah, but that includes a 100th Anniversay version of "Welcome to the Family" video:eek:

:D :D :D

Let's see-

$28,000(msrp) + $800 shipping and set-up + $1,000 (7 yr ext warranty) + $1,100 parts ($459.95 - tuner; 139.95 - stage 1 kit; $489.95 - touring mufflers + endcaps) + $500 labor ( 8 hrs @ $60/hr) + $1,600 taxes, tags = $33,000

Welcome to the Family - priceless

wyo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts