V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Screamin' Eagle Pro Super Tuner -- It's item # 32109-08B

Let's be clear here: I'm running a 96 in. TC, Screamin' Eagle 2 into 1 Nightstick exhaust, SE Stage I Air Cleaner back plate, K&N air cleaner filter.

I checked the plugs. Things look copacetic. The electrodes look like the toasted marshmallow color that they're supposed to look like.

I'm not race tuning. I'm "hauling freight." 96 in TC engine, runs cool, isn't stuffed up w/ a cat. Not "high strung."

I don't think I need any sort of complicated software to ensure my intake, exhaust and air cleaner are running an appropriate fuel mixture. But then I'm not one to tune engines. We're not racing.

I'm not sure what this SE Super Tuner is about, why I might need one, if I need one, or why I don't need one.

And so fill me in?

:coffee:

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
Screamin' Eagle Pro Super Tuner -- It's item # 32109-088
your eyes are getting weak:)
there is a B there not two 8's
Screamin' Eagle Pro Super Tuner -- It's item # 32109-08B

if you are happy with the factory cal. then you dont have to have one.
the key is to have someone use the tuner to tune the bike. then you would see some advantage over the stock cal. you are now running leaner than a stock bike...since the muffler swap. is it going to kill the motor? no. these stock bikes are damn tuff and can take quite a bit of heat. could it be better? o yea with the right tune you would notice better performance and lower temps,if you get rid of the lean EPA tune.
now if you were wanting to just download a canned map from sepst and ride,you might not have instant luck...LOL.
but with your bike, it has a good chance of being real close.
if you go that route,I will help you configure a canned map to start with. you can save your Factory cal on the SEPST VCI. so if you have problems you can always go back to stock.
the "RACE" part of the name is all about aftermarket, EPA ,feds bla bla bla. it really can help a stock bike,if tuned correct,but they have to market it as race.

·
Banned
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, I changed the stock number . . . It looked like 8 to me. :clap:

Service Dept. asked me if I got a tuner when I purchased the bike used. I wasn't sure what they're about. Thanks for the explanation.

I have the digital oil stick which reads temp. I'm not running hot. The engine is smooth, responsive throughout the power band.

The K&N air cleaner was a good idea. I'm not a shill, but that was a simple addition that was like "blowing my nose." The whole system just seemed to breathe better w/ the K&N.

·
Banned
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
double posted

·
Registered
169 Posts
...And so fill me in?
Between this site and a couple others, there's probably a few thousands threads on the subject of tuners so you're not the first to ask such a question.

With no disrespect intended, may I suggest you take the next few weeks reading those threads and become a lot more educated on the subject? If you don't, you're much more likely to be taken advantage of and that might cost you...at the very least some wasted time and at the other end, lots of money.

Word of caution when reading those threads...most of the information is anecdotal and has no data to support their findings. So, you'll need to figure out which is real information and the rest BS.

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts