V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
The cam, and cosequently the character of the engine, is a significant factor. IMO with the 37 you would use a reworked head like Deweys as the chamber on the SE heads is too small for it with the proper .030" gaskets.

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
Biggest advantage of having a porter do your stock heads, is you can match them to your build.
CR, cam, piston, and port job work together for the total performance.
Mix and match very rarely gets the same numbers as getting everthing setup to work together. A good porter can do this.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
The CNC runs very well. I did a SE build 95 h/c pistons 260 cam CNC heads, 51 cv and SEII slip ons it made 112 hp and 103 tq. ALL box stock SE parts the power is in a higher rpm range, but a 24/37 is next that will help the bike is a STRIPPED down low rider , this thing will scoot very nicley

·
Nice to ride again :-)
1,802 Posts
SEDELUXE05 said:
but your one of the exceptions to the rule .
the rule is you know how to tune!
i was thinking what i can do to my heads to improve flow. the wife is pretty much keeping her hands on the pocket book lately so i have to be really nice to hrer to let me get the 98in kit. i was thinking while i have the heads off should i get them cleaned up a bit go with better springs to run the tw6hg cam. i already have the cam thats why i was just wondering.
Well if you call One of the Head Porters who are sponsors of this forum they could tell you first hand what can be done to improve your SE heads and give you the spring seat you need to run the TW-6HG.

Not sure but I think Deweys has cleaned up the SE heads with good results.

If you are out another four hundred for a port, and springs, and then the S&S cam install kit, you will be good to go with little cash outlay, and nicer heads. I know everyone always says use your own, but since YOU like SE heads, and they are your own, do it the way YOU want it.

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
SEDELUXE05 said:
wrench thanks for clearing this up and they still are hd parts.
on another note lets say you have htcc(cnc) heads what can be done to improve these heads? :huh:
I'll put the HTCC CNC heads and pistons with SE257's up against anyones (and have). Of course as GRock will rightfully point out mine is a 103" not 95"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts